Not a Hallucination

Ennoshita's POV

Chikara woke up to the cheerful sound of birds singing, which he thought was ironic considering his current predicament. His mind was foggy and it was hard to think about anything very long, but he remembered that he should follow the river. So he did, although he often stumbled and fell on the rocks by the water.

 By noon, Ennoshita wondered if he was starting to hallucinate from the concussion and lack of food. He could've sworn he heard someone call his name. Oh, what the hell, he thought. Hallucinations are more interesting than just talking to myself anyway.

"Hello!" He replied.

The voice came again. "Chikara! Where are you!?"

"I'm here! Follow my voice!" Huh, sounds like Ryu, only very worried, Ennoshita mused. He didn't bother trying to get closer. If this was a true hallucination, Tanaka would find him and be very worried about him, and Chikara would know he was finally going crazy. Then the bald spiker appeared some distance away. He looked frantic. Nope, no way he would be this worried. I'm still lost, forgotten and alone. Except now I'm hallucinating too.

"Chikara!"

Tanaka's POV

The lost boy just leaned on a tree and watched Tanaka run towards him. "You know, this is a very realistic hallucination. I always thought it would be more dreamlike."

"What are you talking about?" Ryunosuke was confused.

"You, of course. Guess that concussion really made me crazy, huh? Well, at least this is an interesting fantasy. I suppose you're going to kiss me now? I mean, if I'm hallucinating, I want it to at least be fun."

Tanaka's jaw dropped as he blushed furiously. This was totally unlike the laid-back, quiet boy he knew. Chikara's words were slurred, and his eyes weren't focusing. The taller second year stepped forward slowly.

"Ennoshita. This isn't a hallucination. I need you to come with me," he said quietly, afraid of spooking him.

"Oh, certainly. Just…one...moment…" Chikara's eyes rolled back in his head. Acting on instinct, Tanaka sprinted forward, just in time to catch Ennoshita as he slumped to the ground.

Ryu gasped. The normally immaculate boy was a mess. His shirt was partially torn off, and a leaf was stuck to the back of it. Tiny rips and bloodstains covered his pants. His black hair was dark red with dried blood. One foot was covered with dirty white cloth and was halfway out of the shoe holding it.

Carrying his crush bridal style, the loud spiker ran out of the forest. They were near the school; the players had been searching the forest all day. Tanaka let out a loud whistle. That was the prearranged signal to tell anyone in earshot Ennoshita had been found. For anything else, they had decided to just talk to each other. Or shout. Tanaka, Nishinoya, and Hinata preferred that.

They left the cover of the trees. Suga was there in a flash. "Tanaka! What happened!?"

"I called out and he responded. But when I got there, he said something about hallucinating and a concussion. It was confusing. His head is covered with blood! And his foot is hurt!" Ryunosuke was freaking out.

"I'm calling an ambulance right now," Coach Ukai said from somewhere behind him. 

When it arrived, Tanaka refused to leave Ennoshita. "I'm coming with him," he said firmly. Giving him an odd look, Daichi nodded. 

"Coach Ukai, there's room for one more person. Go with them. Takeda Sensei can drive us to the hospital in the bus." That made sense, so Ryu vaulted into the van, followed by Ukai. The other players and Takeda ran for the bus.