Chapter 21

Song Zichen looked at Xiǎo Xīngchén. "You are really going?"

Xiǎo Xīngchén turned his face towards Song Zichen's voice, there was a sad smile on his face as he nodded. "Ten years have already passed, sooner or later, I was going to seek him out no matter what. I understand your worries but, he has changed. I was foolish and didn't notice so but now I understand clearer than anyone that I was also cruel towards him."

Song Zichen looked at his close friend and he finally sighed. "No, the fault was mine. I sought you out and told you what I thought was the truth when it wasn't. If not for me, he would've told you his real identity sooner or later."

There was a short silence between them before Song Zichen muttered, "If you are going, then you should leave now. The sooner you go, the faster you will be able t9 get him to return."

Xiǎo Xīngchén stood in silence, his heart running wild. Truthfully, he didn't have the courage to face Xuē Yáng. His fear was that he would destroy everything once more and walk down a road with no return. He was afraid that the emotions within him would no longer be able to be repressed. When was it? His feelings for Xuē Yáng had grown more than it once was, changing to something else. But he held it in with fear, fear that he would lose everything once more.

"I know, but I fear that he will no longer welcome me back. After everything I've done to him, he must surely hate my existence." Xiǎo Xīngchén couldn't help but say as he shook his head.

"But rather than losing him forever, wouldn't it be better to take the risk of clearing away the past? If you can meet him once more, even if it ends then, at least you will be able to see one another once more." Song Zichen replied, his voice strong and sure. It was times like this that he seemed to know his friend's feelings even more. He knew that Xiǎo Xīngchén wanted to meet Xuē Yáng more than anything else, so he was going to make sure that Xiǎo Xīngchén would go no matter what.

Just then, a woman's voice was heard. "Song Lan!"

Song Zichen turned his head at once. "Suxian, what are you doing here?"

Qian Suxian walked towards Song Zichen with a baby held in her hands. She looked at Xiǎo Xīngchén and greeted, "Xiǎo Xīngchén, how have you been?"

Xiǎo Xīngchén turned towards Qian Suxian's voice and said, "I have been well, Madam Qian, how have you been?"

Song Zichen grabbed the baby from Qian Suxian's arm so that Qian Suxian would be more comfortable. Qian Suxian smiled at her husband as she replied, "Everything has been well for me too. If anything, Song Lan has become even more clingy." Saying this, although it was spoken in an angry tone, her eyes were soft as she looked at her husband cradling his son with a gentle smile.

Xiǎo Xīngchén nodded his head with that reply. Finally, he made up his mind. "Madam Qian, if possible, please stay at the Sect for a while longer. I will be going out for a few days and I would like for you to accompany Song Zichen during this time."

Hearing what Xiǎo Xīngchén said, Qian Suxian merely smiled as she nodded her head, "I will do so. Please be careful out, I've heard that there's been more walking corpses as of lately." She stretched out a hand to touched her son's chubby cheeks.

"Thank you, Madam Qian. I will be taking my leave now." Xiǎo Xīngchén said as he walked away

Song Zichen looked at Xiǎo Xīngchén but didn't say a word, merely nodding his head even though he knew it wouldn't be seen. As he held his son in his arm, he smiled at Qian Suxian. "You should've waited for me to come take you here..."

"It's not far, there's no need for that. I only came because Meng'er was crying for you." Saying this, the two began walking after Xiǎo Xīngchén's steps.