Chapter - 4

Day - 2

Day - 2

"I think we should bury this thing." I said.

"Eew, no way I'm touching this thing. You have tied it up, just let it be." Riya went back inside.

We were discussing how to get rid of the thing I tied up in my backyard. It hasn't moved since, but precautions are necessary.

I have learnt this the hard way.

"Riya! Wait up!"

She stopped and looked back at me.

"We should bury this thing, who knows it breaks off and hurts anyone?" I said.

"Why are you so persistent on burying  this thing?" She moved her nose like she does.

"Because I, uh, I just can't,  I can't lose someone again."

I could hear the gears turning in her head. I thought I said something wrong.
Oh god, why am I always scared of her reactions!

"Ok, I'll help you." She replied with the same arrogance and picked up the shovel.

She is back, the Riya I met is back. One night and she changed so much.

We started digging. At that moment I came to know something more about a girl. 

A girl can be beautiful, brave and strong.  The way Riya was helping me, made me regret my opinion on people. She touched my guilt and melted it. I was changing and I didn't even knew about it.

"By the way king, I, uh, I'm sorry, for  um, what happened last night." Riya said in a small voice.

"It's okay. It was just a misunderstanding."

Actually, last night was like a war for me. Riya hits really hard, I got a taste of that already.  But her screams are more deadly and I came to know that last night.

###

Flashback

"So, I will sleep in the living room. You can sleep in my room." I said.

Riya was busy rubbing her eyes. It was turning dark and she was still in that bloody shirt of her.

"But do one thing, change before you sleep" I turned and pointed towards the washroom. "There's the washroom, you could change there."

And She was still rubbing her eyes. I couldn't believe how a tomboy girl like her could turn into a kid so quick.

She was pouting and she wasn't even aware. Hehe, the more I stared at her I felt my heart beat go up.

"Listen to me!" I shouted at last.

"Wh- what!" She snapped out of her spaced out state.