Day 1, Gwen Style

I had forgotten my timetable. NOW HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHERE TO GO?!

I stood in front of my locker, internally screaming. I'll probably get detention on my FIRST DAY! (My mum wouldn't like that. Not one bit.)

"Um, hey, are you OK?"
I turned around. A burnette in formal clothes looked up at me. "Actually, I forgot my timetable..." I replied. "Oh! Don't worry, I have mine! I'm Courtney."

At least there are some nice people around here...

"Thanks a lot! I'm Gwen," I say. 
"Oh, Gwen! I think you're coming with me to Algebra!"
I didn't know how she knew this stuff, but it sure was helpful! Even if I hated Algebra. So we ran off to the classroom.

I got really lucky as all my lessons were covered by Courtney until lunch. But lunch was a train wreck.
I sat with Courtney at a table near the front. Chef Hatchet was really harsh, he had no manners whatsoever, and to make things worse...
"Hey Princess!"
"Don't call me that!"
"Who's that?" I asked.
"Not. Worth. Mentioning."
God, she must hate that guy... "C'mon, Court, we all know you dig me." The guy had a green mohawk. He looked like one of those bad guys or something.
"I don't 'dig you'! God! GET A HINT!" she practically screamed that last part, and everyone stared at us. Although Courtney's "crush" seemed really calm. She must shout at him all the time!
"Who's that chick with you?"
"She doesn't deserve someone like you bothering her!"
"What? Jealous?"
"..." Courtney was speechless. Was she jealous?

"Leave them alone, Duncan." This really sweet-looking boy with black hair and green eyes had come along.
"Yeah, you heard Trent! Leave us alone!" Trent. So that's his name.
"What's it to you, music boy?"
"Hey, Duncan was it?" I said, getting up. "Go pick on someone your own size." I was trying to back up Courtney. I think the time was loving me today, as the bell rang before anything else could happen. The rest of the day went smoothly, as Courtney gave me a copy of my timetable to follow. But I didn't see Trent...

The moment I came home, I yelled, "Hey bro! Guess what?"
"What?" he yelled back.
"I HAVEN'T LOST MY WILL TO LIVE!" I was smiling broadly.
~
Hey again! I hope you're enjoying it so far. Let me add something...
HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! Yeah, sorry, just realised... 😅
See ya!