Chapter 2

While gripping the application letter in her hand, she took a deep breath and went inside the company building

She went to the information desk to ask where the human resources department is.

The lady in the desk smiled at her warmly and gave her an identification card where the bold and capitalize letters of Guest is written. The lady accompanied her to the Human Resources since she's afraid the girl would get lost considering the building was enormous and she would take a lot of turns that will get her lost.

Mirae thanked the lady sincerely and followed her while fixing the creases of her worn-out formal attire.

They turned in a corner and the lady knocked in the door while telling her to wait.

She scanned the area confused. The Kim Corporation is a known company but there was no other applicant like her.

She thought maybe she was late or she got the wrong place but the famous logo 'KC' displayed in front of the company told her she got the right building.

After a few minutes the door opened and a tall man greeted her with a warm smile.

He wore a bright smile which she automatically reciprocated with a sincere one.

The man ushered her inside and let her take a seat in front of a desk.

He served her a cup of water and took the chair opposite of her.

"What's your current job?" he inquired and take a look at her documents.

Mirae nervously sighed and fiddled with her fingers. "I'm currently working as a part-timer as of the moment." she answered honestly and dared to look at the man's eyes.

The man smiled at her and continued to read her application. She was reluctant to ask but she was too curious.

"E-excuse me Sir" she stuttered and awkwardly raised her hand like she was in a classroom.

The man looked at her amused but gave her a nod to continue.

"Am i late?" she asked and the man erupted in a series of laughter. She shook her head and just stared at the man in front of her in wonder.

Her eyes big as she waits for him to finish his 'laughing session'. After a few minutes the man stopped laughing, wiping what seemed like tears in his eyes.

He looked at the girl and shook his head. "You didn't know?" he carefully asked.

"about what?" she nervously played the hem of her skirt.

"the CEO is not really someone you can call kind. Everyone knew about it that's why no one really dared to take the secretary position after he fired the poor girl yesterday." he explained and propped both of his elbow in the table while resting his head in his hands.

He stared at her in an indescribable manner, almost like he's scrutinizing every bit of her.

She smiled and lifted his gaze to stare back at the man. The man flinched at the girl's boldness and cleared his throat.

"So you mean I'm the only one who applied?" she hesitantly asked

the man nodded his head and offered his hands.

"I'm Kim Rowoon, Human resources department head. Welcome to the company Ms. Jang Mirae" he said and the girl's eyes widened at him.

"I'm hired?" she asked and pointed to herself. The man nodded his head and she immediately shook the hands.

She squealed in so much happiness. She finally have a job. Her eyes glinted with so much happiness,her lips curved upward.

The man just looked at her. His lips curved upward. He bets this girl wouldn't last a week.

He should contact his friend and tell him about this and maybe bet about how the young and naive girl will last given the fact that she'll work with the terror CEO who resides in the 20th floor.

"when will I start? the girl suddenly asked.

Rowoon fights the urge to smirk at her eagerness. What an innocent young lamb. She'll never be able to show that bright smile after she meets the CEO.

"Is tomorrow alright?" he carefully asked and the girls eyes widen in excitement.

"yes it's totally alright" she replied smiling and bowed at the man to show respect before going out of his office.

UNEDITED

UNEDITED.

I didn't originally plan to publish this today because I am still writing the ending for Identity but I guess i was too excited that I didn't notice I already clicked the publish button.
Anyway I published it already. I hope you enjoy this and comment or vote if you liked the story.