Chapter 1

"Jang Mirae!" the land lady's voice boomed throughout the whole building

"Jang Mirae!" the land lady's voice boomed throughout the whole building. It gained the attention of passerby.

Mirae turned her heels and fastened her pace trying to ignore the old lady.

She keeps on walking until the lady was out of her sight. Sighing she crouched down and gripped her hair in frustration.

She's sure her stuffs will be out of her apartment once she goes back. She needs money to pay her rent, her bills and any other necessities and her 3 part-time job is not exactly helpful in paying it.

She's barely living her adult life and here she is struggling to support herself.

She pulled herself up and tried to catch her breath. Her eyes slowly welled with tears. She huff and wiped it harshly away.

She feels like everything is slowly pushing her down. She's tired, she doesn't have money, she's a fresh graduate who doesn't even have the job that fits her course.

"stop being a cry baby" she mumbled to herself and continued walking towards the convenience store she works.

The bell chimes signalling her arrival. The owner perked her head up and glared at the part-timer who was 10 minutes late.

"why are you late" she asked angrily. Her tone was harsher more than usual.

Mirae sighed trying her best to calm down and suppress her anger. It's her fault, she should stop herself from lashing out at the owner. She needs to maintain this job or else she'll need to find one which is more tiring than setting the stuffs in the shelves of the store.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Kim. I was caught in the traffic" she lied and repeatedly bowed down. She was late because she doesn't have enough money to charge her bus card. She walked almost 1 kilometer just to reach her job.

The owner sighed and mumbled incoherent words which she guess were curses.

She just looked down staring at her shoes waiting for the owner to get out of the counter so she could replace her.

after a few minutes of being scolded the owner finally went out of the convenience store. She heave a relieved sigh and went to the counter. wearing the neon green work attire.

The bell chimes signalling a customer. She tried her best to put up her best smile. She frowned and hissed when the customer was non other than the neighborhoods infamous drunkard.

"Mirae-ssi" the man said struggling while tracing his way to the counter. He lazily smiled looking like a crazy man while stumbling in the counter because of dizziness.

Mirae decided to ignore him and started to pick the boxes beside the counter to arranged it on the shelves.

The man followed her like a tail hitting some of the stuffs in the process.

Mirae turned her heels and groaned seeing the mess the man created. As much as she wanted to kick him out she couldn't because the owner values all customer and the man was a regular plus he's not really that harmless.

The bell chimes signalling another customer. She stomped her foot and traced her way back towards the counter greeting the customer with a small smile.

The customer who was a teenager greeted her back and turned his heels looking for something when the drunkard pounced into a shelf knocking all the products down.

She groaned and turned to the man who gave a sheepish and lazy smile. The teenager who was curious trudge his way to the other side of the store to look at the mess.

"Oh Inseong hyung!" the kid strides his way to the man and chuckled at his state.

"Hwiyoung-ah" he grinned seeing his younger brother. He clings to the kid like a koala and stared at Mirae showing a peace sign.

"I'm sorry" he apologized for his brother and ushered the drunkard outside of the room.

She just sighed an picked all the products in the floor, silently cursing the drunkard.

After arranging everything. She returned to her spot and got her stuffs out.

She filled the paper with necessary information about her experiences silently hoping she'll get the job.

She stared at the paper in her hands and reread all the stuffs she put before stuffing it in her bag.

Her phone vibrated which made her flinch a little. She opened it and sighed. Another rejection from the company that she applied at. Nothing new.

She stood up and turned on the small tv in the convenience store to distract her from negative thoughts.

The nightly news was playing in the television talking about the success of the Kim Corporation for opening a new branch of department store in Hong Kong.

She sighed and propped her elbow in the counter while looking at the news waiting for another customer.

Her phone vibrated a text message from the application she downloaded to help her find job. She pulled herself up getting interested at the message.

It says the Kim Corporation are looking for secretary. Her eyes glint in so much happiness when she reads that she fits for the requirement. She sighed and looked for her application documents.

UNEDITED

UNEDITED.