Chapter 5: So This Is How A Male Virgo Apologises

Just five days left before the field trip, Lalisa finds herself jumping up and down in joy after Chaeyoung told her that her family trip is cancelled.

"Wait, why is it cancelled, though?" Lalisa asks, suddenly stopping for a moment.

Chaeyoung then shrugs, her smile not leaving her face. "I don't really know what got into Chan oppa's head, he just suddenly suggested that we cancel it."

Lalisa then beams a bigger smile. "How convenient! Then we can sit together, right?"

"Mhm!" Chaeyoung giggles.

Just then, Jungkook walked pass them, carrying his sketchpad. "Hi, Jungkook!" Lalisa didn't hesitate on greeting him.

Jungkook looks at her by the corner of his eyes and nods curtly, continuing to walk away from them. This action made Chaeyoung pout, but when she turned towards Lalisa, her bestfriend seemed perfectly fine.

"He's so grumpy!" Chaeyoung complains.

Lalisa giggles. "He's cool."

Chaeyoung lifts her eyebrows, amused. "Really? How sure are you that he's not trying to act cool?"

"Nah, he's like that. He's just being himself," Lalisa tells her. "That's one of the reasons why I like him so much."

"He carries that sketchpad around all the time," Chaeyoung comments. "Chanyeol oppa told me that Jungkook's sketchpad is very valuable to him, and that he didn't let them take a peek at it."

"It must contain some works that are dear to his heart, then," Lalisa concludes. "Can't blame him. I have a few paintings that I choose not to show anyone, too."

Chaeyoung shrugs. "Couple things," she teases.

Lalisa laughs at this. "Yeah, couple things."

>><<

Pursing her lips, Lalisa was thinking of what to paint next. You see, she is just about finished with her painting of Jungkook, and she plans to give it when she confesses — if ever she gets to, that is.

Five minutes before lunchtime, Lalisa was already zoning out during History class. Good thing time flew by fast, and when she knew it, the bell already rang.

Lunchtime, yes!

Jungkook didn't move an inch from his seat as their classmates began standing up to leave the classroom, heading to the cafeteria. Lalisa took out a sandwich that she made for Jungkook out of her bag, biting her bottom lip as she shyly began to tap his shoulder.

Jungkook turned around, lifting his eyebrows at her as he awaited for what she was going to say next. Her lips stood agape, meaning to say something when suddenly, she was interrupted.

"Lalisa!" Taehyung calls with all his might.

Lalisa's brows furrowed at how loud Taehyung called her name out. She looked at him in disbelief, ruining the momentum in between her and Jungkook.

"Let's eat together, yeah?" Taehyung offers, standing up from his seat as he gives her a boxy smile.

"Uh, yeah, uhm . . . If you're willing to eat with me and Chaeng, why not, I guess?" Lalisa grabs tight onto the sandwich she made for Jungkook. Once again, she turns towards him, with him still facing her, thankfully. "Uhm, Jungkook, I made——"

"Is that a sandwich? Looks delicious, Lalipop. Can I have it——?" Taehyung once again tried to intervene.

However, Jungkook spoke up. "Is that for me?" he asks Lalisa in all seriousness.