Chapter XI: The Mist Clears

You got up an hour later from your makeshift bed to find Shisui and the others gone. Tazuna went to your room and noticed you awake.

Tazuna: (Y/N)! You're awake. After you said you had that weird dream, you fell back asleep. Your friends have gone off to fight that Zabuza guy. I'd have gone with them, but your brother told me to stay behind.

You sat up and felt fatigued. Probably a side effect of using the Tailed Beasts' power. You then got up and stretched, looked to your side, and found The Executioner's Blade.

(Y/N): Huh. They mention where they were headed, Tazuna?

Tazuna crossed his arms and huffed.

Tazuna: Going to help out? You're still the same kid. They went to the bridge. Go.

You nodded, and used the Body Flicker technique to arrive at the bridge. What you saw was shocking. It was Naruto, surrounded by Haku's unique, yet strange looking Ice Jutsu, using the Nine-Tails' chakra.

 It was Naruto, surrounded by Haku's unique, yet strange looking Ice Jutsu, using the Nine-Tails' chakra

(Y/N): There it is! Now's my chance! Lava Style: Lava Snake Bullet!

Using a combination of earth and fire chakra, you created a giant snake made of lava that shattered the ice-like structure that Haku created, and blasted Haku, burning his robe and destroying his mask, revealing his face.

(Y/N)'s Thoughts:

This got the attention of Naruto who charged at you.

(Y/N): This is it! Now's my chance!

You avoided Naruto's predictable attack, and used your Rinnegan's Human Path ability to absorb some the Nine Tails' chakra, taking Naruto out of the Nine-Tails Cloak mode and sealing both some of the Nine Tails' chakra, and part of the Nine-Tails itself into you. This caused Naruto to fall unconscious. However, just as Haku was about to face off with you, Haku suddenly fled, and protected Zabuza from Kakashi's Lightning Blade technique, killing Haku in the process. Looking away from that, you then saw Shisui crouched over Sasuke, whose body was pierced by needles. Upon closer inspection, Sasuke had managed to unlock the Sharingan, albeit with only one tomoe.