Chapter 1

A/N: from here onwards is Ivy's POV, I'll indicate if otherwise.

EDITED

   .
.
.                                         

I feel so exhausted, I'm finally back home after that run, Emily has no regard for me. I mean she ran around the entire forest as if her life depends on it, she probably wanted to spend time with Hudson (Richard's wolf), its been almost a year those two siblings met so I decided to let her spend time with him. But it was great though, I actually feel a bit better, at least better than this morning.

Sighing, I fall unto my bed with my back, i look around my room, the red painted walls, the mini bed at the window with lots of cushions, the small study table, the chandallier, everything.

It all brought back painful memories.

My dad used to be a hotshot you know.

I remember how many women would be drooling over him and i will stand in front of him even though i was so tiny, i didn't care I was protecting my mom's man.

But i didn't blame them, my dad was a sight to behold, he had dark brown hair, hazel eyes, very light but well toned skin,  he was about 6"4, very muscular, and according to mom, he's super hot. I don't remember that much details about him, but i saw it all in his photos.

King Damon Romareo Alvera, My father. The best father any girl could ask for. I walked to the mini bed next to the window and opened it with my eyes closed letting the cool breeze hit my face, with a sigh i opened my eyes, i remember when i asked my dad about this particular window cuz it was more decorated than the others and he answered 'princess whenever you feel sad or depressed and I'm not here, open that window and you will feel much better''.

At first i never understood what he meant and i never opened the window. But then one day, i decided to see what he meant, at that time i was about 11 years old, it was when i woke up from coma.

Yes coma, after my dad died when i was eight, according to the doctor, the pain was too much for me so i went into coma due to shock.

My mom said i almost died, she was so worried and she prayed to the moon goddess everyday to save my life and here i am, she also said Richard literally moved into my room for the 3 years i was in coma because he didn't want to leave my side, he was also traumatized as he lost both his parents that night, but for some reason he found solace around me.

When i woke up, i had decided to open the window and when i did, i was mesmerized, now i know what my dad meant and he was right, i felt better immediately afterwards. I never knew that my dad purposedly made my room at this angle of the palace,  because from this angle, you can see the entire kingdom.

Its so beautiful,  everytime i open this window, up till today, i still get surprised by how beautiful it is. Especially at night, where the entire kingdom is lit up with all colours of lights from different houses and packs. It is indeed a sight to behold. It is also a great joy to look at your kingdom right before your eyes.

Sighing again, i get up to freshen up, I'm so tired i need to sleep, my brain needs to rest otherwise i won't be able to think properly.

After showering, i opened a door in my bathroom that leads to my closet, i go to my pj section. Yes, i have a very huge room, bathroom and walk in closet.

I have all sorts of clothes and jewelries which I never really wear.

I don't wear necklaces either because i always have one special necklace around my neck which i never take off. This same necklace was the last thing my father gave to me before he fell, its also thesame reason i lost my dad in the first place. I vividly remember what he told me that day while putting the necklace around my neck.

"Princess, I'm giving you this necklace". He said as he was wrapping it around my neck.

"B-but daddy, you never allowed me touch it, you said it was dangerous so why are you giving it to me now'" I replied with tears in my eyes. He smiled.

"Because you are the next in line to have it and because i trust you sweetie". He said with a small smile but there was pain visible in his eyes.

"Daddy, you said you will give it to me when i grow up, but i haven't grown up yet, I'm still your little princess, right?".

"Yes my love, you will always and forever be my little princess, even when you are all grown up, but daddy has to go sweetie, i want you to promise me you will never take this necklace off, in any situation always keep it with you, just like daddy always did. Always wear it wherever you go and ta-take care of yourself, your mom and the kingdom. They are all your responsibility now my angel. I don't, i really don't want to leave you here alone but you have to, this is your destiny". He finished as he coughed up more blood.

"Where are you going?". I asked scared.

"Somewhere good, where I'll watch over you and also be at peace. But you have to promise me sweetie".

"But daddy-"

"Promise me"

"I-i promise"

He smiled "That's my Angel,  i trust you little one, i know you can do it". With that he kissed my forehead and then......  he left, he died.

Sighing, i put on my nightgown, tied my hair in a messy bun and plopped on my bed. I get under the soft duvet but suddenly think back to when Richard and i changed back to our human forms after the run and before our small argument.

We had a small fight about my necklace,  he told me to try taking it off and that got me really angry, because he knows the promise i made to my dad. But then i found out why he told me to take it off, turns out when i had that nightmare the necklace was what was choking me. According to him, when he came to my room, the necklace was glowing and for some reason it was trying to strangle me, when he tried to touch it, it burned his hand.

I immediately apologized for my foolishness and he immediately forgave me. Richard has always been linient with me, while everyone sees him as the big bad alpha, i only see him as my cute big brother who is willing to do anything for me. It left me wondering why the necklace was trying to strangle me. That has never happened before or was it the entity inside of it?.

But before all of that, like i said earlier when Richard and i changed back and put on some extra clothes that were behind some trees for us. I heard, more like smelled something different. It was a very strange but attractive smell and it made Emily jumpy.

But the more strange thing is, i asked Richard if he smelled it too but he said no, which is really strange because when it comes to sense of smelling, Richard is the number one in the whole kingdom of werewolves, he has the highest smelling ability.

So how is it even possible that i percieved such a sweet smell and he didn't?. Oh God, i need to rest, I'm thinking too much about it.

Sighing i drift off to sleep with just one thought in my head, did i really percieve such a smell?.

***************+.
Anyways hope u like this chapter. Thanks for reading.

Fighting
Borahae 💜 💜