Appointment

Once they walked in, they all went to the front desk to let Jade sign in, and then Alexa and Arimya went to sit in some chairs by a window. Jade came over, sitting in between them, as they had saved her a seat, but both girls noticed how tired and worn out she looked. They both grabbed whichever of Jade's hands they were closest to, and held it, trying to comfort her. She glanced at both of them, smiling slightly, before leaning back and closing her eyes softly.

The nurse stepped into the waiting room and called out Jade's name, so the girls helped her up and continued holding her hands while walking back to the room they were going to be in. The nurse saw the way Jade looked and asked how she was feeling, remembering the phone call that she had to make this morning, and scheduling this appointment, both of which had been very difficult for her, and she knew that they must have been even more difficult for the one receiving the news.

The nurse introduced herself as Michell and said that she would have to draw blood and check a few other things too, just to make sure of what the disease was. Jade was showing all the signs, but they hadn't done any tests the previous time, other than a pregnancy test, for confirmation, but when they received the results, they were glad she had come in for the test. They called her almost right away and asked if she could come in later today for more testing.

They were waiting for a few minutes, since Michell had to go get a few things to finish the testing, and all 3 girls had been humming the same song, almost as if they could read each other's minds. Michell came back into the room, and they stopped humming immediately. Michell watched them all glance around at the other's nervously, and she grinned, before she realized she didn't know what they were nervously looking at each other about, and so she stopped grinning. She asked Jade to step out of the room and follow her into a different room so she could draw her blood, and Jade followed as requested.