Chapter Two

They were in the Main Floor's living room. Atlas was pacing, while Loki and Bucky were waiting patiently on one of the couches. After meeting Atty, they seemed more comfortable around each other.
    "Okay, Sergeant Barnes first. To make it more comfortable, while I will be seeing your memories, you'll be seeing mine. Unfortunately, it won't take long so you'll only see some." Seeing the soldier nod with an attentive look on his face, the female continued. "Are you comfortable? I promise it won't be long. Just, get in, get out. I won't stay longer than necessary."
    A cute little smile blossomed on his face, causing Atlas to furrow her eyebrows and tilt her head in confusion and curiosity. "I don't mind if you go through my memories, doll." His smile was now turned into a smirk. "Just worried you might get a little squeamish." It was clear he was teasing, but she could read the uncertainty in his eyes.
    Smirking right back at him, she wanted to reassure him in the best way possible. "Oh darling. Nothing you could ever do would make me squeamish." He relaxed a little, but Barnes could clearly see the heat in her eyes. Smirking again, he relaxed and made a motion to show he was ready.
    Smiling softly, she stepped between his legs. His head was relaxed on the back of the couch, making it easy for her to reach her hands up and level them on each side of it. Her fingers were tangled in his hair, and to mess with him a little more she started gently massaging his scalp. His eyes were closed and a barely audible moan escaped his mouth.
    Shaking her head. She whispered a little Ready? And when he gently nodded his head, the god let the purple mist surround her fingertips.
    And then she was being pulled into his memories.
    -A small boy, blonde with blue eyes, was running down a side walk in 1924 Brooklyn. When Atlas turned to see why, she found a seven year old James Barnes chasing him with a huge grin on his face. Noticing now, she was smiling also.
    -The blonde boy, Steve Rogers, hadn't grown much. Looking to Bucky, his hair was longer and he was much taller. He looked about 16, making this 1934. The boys were in a diner looking as if they were enjoying their burgers and fries. They were both laughing, but from her place outside the diner, Atlas didn't know why.
    -1945. The year, she noticed, was the year Steve and Bucky went to war. Her raven haired soulmate had a girl on each arm and Steve was trailing behind quietly. They looked to be at Howard Stark's showcase. A flying car? They hadn't even come into existence yet and it was 2018. When it started hovering over the stage, Bucky's smile was megawatt and she was being pulled into another memory.
    -The room was dark, a metal table in the middle. The boy strapped onto it was of course Bucky, but she could barely tell. His dirt stained face and blood stained clothes enough to tell anyone he was dead. The grumbling coming from his mouth told her otherwise though, and Steve coming in to rescue him sent her into another memory.
    -A train car. Bucky was hanging off the side of a train car. The side of it had been pulled back and he was holding onto it for dear life. Steve was trying to reach Barnes' hand, but he was too far. His hand slipped and the Sergeant was free falling off the side of a cliff. If looks could kill, the neighboring trees would be on fire.
    -Bucky was fighting for his life. HYDRA was trying to break him, a metal arm was in place of his previous left one, and they wished to erase his memory. The triggers words they'd put in place would make him compliant. As they started beating him again, she was pulled away. No matter how much she wished to murder them, they were already dead.
    -A cryofreeze chamber. The HYDRA agents were unfreezing Bucky and as they opened the chamber, they were speaking the trigger words. LONGING, RUSTED, SEVENTEEN, DAYBREAK, FURNACE, NINE, BENIGN, HOMECOMING, ONE, FREIGHT CAR. As he opened his eyes, she disappeared.
    -"Who the hell is Bucky?" She could see whatever Captain Rogers said pierced Bucky's mind control. They were best friends when they were younger, of course he'd be the one to shake Bucky's walls. When they began fighting again, she was dragged away.
    Being brought back to reality, she found Bucky's eyes rather quickly. He was taking steady deep breaths as his eyes locked with hers. Inside them, she found amazement. It was weird considering she was expecting fear.
    "You're amazing." It was almost as if he didn't want anyone to hear it, but she did. Smiling softly, she ran her fingers though his hair gently.
    "You should head to your room. Your body is about to be drained of energy." He looked confused as she advised him. Smiling more widely, she continued to run her fingers through his hair. "Going through a person's mind takes a lot of energy from their body. It's almost as if the body puts all of it into protecting the memories. And seeing as you're about to fall asleep, I'd guess I was right."
    Guiding him up to his room, he slid under the covers as if he was about to pass out. Chuckling quietly, she began to leave the room. As she turned to the door, Bucky's hand on the back of her thigh stopped her, it was the closest thing to his hand and his low energy was a big role in it. Looking back at him, a whispered stay left his lips.
     Sliding in beside him, she was sitting up against the headboard and his arms were wrapped tightly around her waist. Running her fingers through his hair was putting both of them to sleep faster than they'd thought. Sending a quick 'taking a nap' text to Clint, she set her phone on the bedside table.
——————————————————————————-