Fog of the Heart

"Haha who knew we would be on the same train together!" Bobble brightly said. She had her usual smile and couldn't be happier then she already is, or that's how Mask assumes. Mask didn't know what to do. He had too many emotions going on. He was agitated from Aloha's comments and now that he is having a personal encounter with Bobble himself, that angered feeling is now replaced by a mix of annoyance and flusteredness? It just added more fuel to the fire in terms of his emotions. He hated it because the person who was causing all of this was right next to him.

"Umm...yeah...sure..." Mask said quietly, sounding a bit annoyed but with a hint of nervousness as well.

"Anyways I don't think we properly introduced ourselves heh. I'm Bobble Hat but you can just call me Bobbles!" Bobble said in her usual cheerful tone. Mask already knew who she was but didn't want to mention it because he thought that would be too weird and awkward and it was already awkward as it is.

"That's cool." Mask said once again, quietly. There was more awkward silence. Mask was starting to become more and more uncomfortable. He glances at Bobbles and sees her typical smile. "Ugh, that smile once again..."  He said to himself. It was getting on his nerves more and more.

Bobbles broke the silence. "So how was your day? My day was intense but also a ton of fun! I trained a lot today with my team! I really think now we are able to defeat Skull once and for all!"

"I didn't ask buuuut ok..." Mask grunts and ignored her first question. He just wants to get off this train already. He is considering to just leave at the next stop to avoid Bobbles but he didn't felt like walking all the way home. He couldn't take it anymore! Mask decided to confront Bobbles once and for all.

"Why do you always smile all the damn time?!" Mask finally said.

"Hmmm?" Bobbles questions. "Why do I always smile?" She lets out a small laugh.

"Yes! Why? It bothers me so much! Why are you so happy?! What is there to be happy. It seems like no matter what situation you are in, you always keep on smiling! When you lost to Skull, your whole entire time was met with despair, but you, you still smile through it, as if not phases you at all! So why do you smile?"

Bobble didn't hesitate to answer. She said with glee "Haha have you forgot what I told you before when we had our first interaction in our battle? I smile because I'm having fun! It doesn't matter if I win or lose or anything because, at the end of the day, I spent time playing with my friends and learn and grow along the way. Each win is a reminder that I'm doing a good job and each loss is a mark of improvement. Besides..." She then switches her tone, in a more calming voice, "Someone has to be the one to smile for those who don't."

The train stops at one of its destinations. "Oh, look like this is my stop. I hope to see you again soon Mask! Bobbles said as she got off her train but not after she gave him one last smile and waved him goodbye. Mask, on the other hand, didn't know what to say. What he just heard from Bobbles made him lost for words. 

In the next following day, Mask and his teammates were all hanging out at one of there homes. They were all playing a multiplayer game with one another. They all seemed to be enjoying themselves, but they noticed that something seemed off with Mask. Usually, he would be beating everyone at the game but now he's doing a mediocre job. Secondly, he doesn't have much enthusiasm for the game compared to how he does before.

"Uhhh...Mask?" Designer Headphones started to speak up. "Is everything ok? You've been acting a bit off lately?"

"Huh?" Mask was barely paying attention. "Oh what? Me? No nothing is wrong, I'm just tired I guess." Designer and the rest of the team had a hard time believing him. Mask was somewhat telling the truth. He was tired but that's not what was bothering him. He couldn't sleep last night. His thoughts kept him up late. He was thinking about Bobble's response that she gave him. It really caught him off guard since he wasn't expecting an answer like that. It kind of made him see her differently than before, however; he didn't know what to make or feel about her and that makes him frustrated.

"Mask." Jersey firmly said. That snapped Mask out of his thoughts. "We know that something is bothering you." She then confessed, "Look, we noticed that you have been acting weird lately and we know it's got something to do with what happened with our battle with the Blue Team, more specifically, Bobble Hat. You just stood there and let her live and used her ink strike, which resulted in our loss. You never let anyone phased you like that before."

"Ugh, not you too." Mask groaned. He took a deep sigh. "Look, I just wanted to get a reaction from her. I wanted to make her not smile for once or just show any hint of fear. That smile was getting on my nerves and I wanted to do something about it, alright?"

"If you say so." Moon Glasses chuckled along with Designer.

"What's so funny to you two?" Mask said, sounding annoyed and kind of pissed off.

"Ohhh nothing Mask." Moon Glasses sarcastically said, followed by a few more laughs. "We just think that maybe you have a tiny crush on Bobble herself." She smirked.

"What?! Why is everyone telling me this? I don't have a crush on Bobbles at all!" Mask yelled and facepalm himself.

"Bobbles? You are calling her by her nickname?" Jersey and the rest of the team let out a 'awwwww'. "Masky does have a crush on Bobble Hat if he is calling her by a nickname!"

"You guys are the worse..." Mask said, who is now all flustered and embarrassed. He was once again thankful for wearing his gas mask for covering the light cyan tint that is appearing across his face. "Can we just get back to playing pleeeeease? Ugh." 

"Sure sure, whatever you say." Designer playfully said. They go back to resuming their game and finally, they stop teasing Mask about liking Bobbles, at least for today.

"Pfft, me and Bobbles...hmmm" Mask thought to himself. "Yeah right, as if someone like her would even like a guy like me."