1. Where it All Began

To my esteemed friends.

I have acquired an illustrious estate through the death of a distant relative who I've never met.

I thought it only fitting that I invite you all to attend a dinner party on its grounds.

It will certainly be a night to remember.

However, the estate is quite peculiar.

It only exists in the year 1920.

To enter its grounds, you must be dressed entirely with clothing of that era.

If you are carrying anything from the modern world, the house will simply never appear for you.

And not only your clothing, but your attitude must reflect the time.

I have included your unique characteristics on the back of this invitation.

My driver will pick you up and take you on a road that can only be driven by his mysterious time traveling automobile.

Then almost like magic, the place will appear.

____________________________________________________________

The sun began to set along the horizon of Miku Hatsune's new luxurious estate. The radio sitting on the windowsill was playing some swing song. Miku did not know the song, but she grinned at the toon anyways. As she pinned her neon teal hair up into her signature pigtails, she hummed. Tonight she would find out the key to her nightmares and have delicious food while she was at it. She felt fortunate for all of the accommodations that had come with her new home. The home came with a butler and a maid, no rent, and secluded acres in 1920s America. It would be a relaxing change of pace whenever she would need a break from her job as an idol in modern Japan.

Miku smirked to herself, knowing there was more to her fantasy. For this daydream to become a reality, she needed to bring others to the mansion. Something within her told her that tonight would be a night she would never forget. She decided to take comfort in that fact while she pulled her fluffy, dark blue blouse over her long, ivory dress. Tonight Miku Hatsune was not the Number One Idol but the Savant. She grinned one more time as the sun dipped below the horizon.

____________________________________________________________

One by one, each of Miku's guests arrived at her lavish new estate. Some of them had a pep in their step, while some of them slumped their way to the door. Most of them were excited about the party that would begin when the sun went below the horizon. Each idol and popstar who entered the 1920s mansion was there to have fun.

The first to enter was Yanhe, the Fixer. Next was Lola, the Gambler. Next was the Heiress and the Renegade. Akari Kizuna and Yukari Yuzuki respectively used those titles. Next was the Mobster, Longya Yuezheng. Next to arrive was the Professor, Xingchen. Then came a close friend to Miku, Kaito Shion, the Big Game Hunter. Soon Cyber Songman arrived. He was the Jazz Singer. The last guests to arrive were Flower and Una Otomachi; the Journalist and the Hustler.

With each guest that arrived, more chatter built up in the foyer. Some of the conversations were in awe of the large mansion, and some people wondered where Miku was. Some people chose not to talk at all. Soon everyone's attention was drawn to the top of the stair as Miku entered the room. She called out, "Welcome!" Cheering and clapping erupted from the Vocaloids below. "I'm so glad you could all make it to my house warming party!" She said, "As you might know, I acquired this home from a distant relative. To celebrate that, I decided to invite all of you here!" A smile crept up onto her face as she straightened her dress out. "Before we begin, I wanted to introduce the staff that came with the house." Miku first pointed to a red-headed man with facial hair and a tuxedo. "This is Arthur, head of staff." Arthur bowed his head to the Vocaloid, some smiling and saying 'hey' in return. Miku smiled and continued as a woman next to Arthur stepped forward slightly. "This is the maid, Sarah," the Vocaloids greeted her as well, "And the groundskeeper outside is Marvin." Everyone shook their head in acknowledgment. Miku looked at everyone and noticed Una tapping her foot impatiently. In response to that, she declared, "Now, what are we all waiting for, let's get this party started!" Everyone cheered once more as they made their way to a lounge area.

Xingchen ran over to a dartboard she saw on the wall and jumped up and down. "Longya, Yanhe, let's play darts!" She brightened. Longya playfully rolled his eyes as Yanhe picked up a dart. "You know I'm going to win, Stardust." Yanhe joked to Xingchen. "Ha!" Longya crocked, "I'd rather die than lose to you." Yanhe readied the dart, ignoring Longya's comment. When she threw it, it landed barely away from the bullseye. Longya's jaw fell open as Xingchen giggled. "You were saying," Yanhe smirked.

At a table not too far away from the dartboard, Lola was laying out cards to Flower and Cyber Songman. Una sat right next to Flower, wanting to watch the three play. "You are a fool to challenge me." Cyber Songman said with a monotone tone. Lola smirked as she passed him his last card. "Miku knew what she was doing when she assigned me the role of the Gambler, Anan." She said, "I think you are the one in over your head." She cooed. Una smiled as she entered the conversation. "You guys should watch out! Flower has one hell of a poker face!" She squealed. Flower looked to her side with a sigh. "If you say something like that again, I'm telling Kiyoteru that you said 'hell.'" She said. Una puffed out her cheeks and crossed her arms in defeat. Flower smiled before going back to her trademarked blank face. "Let's go over the terms again. If one of you wins, the losers have to take a shot, if I win, Una joins the game." She said. Both Cyber Songman and Lola nodded and smirked. Una smirked as well with a glance at Flower. With that, the game was on.

As the game of blackjack commenced at the table, Miku, Kaito, Yukari, and Akari were engaging in some chatter. "So Kaito, what kinds of things do you hunt?" Akari asked. Kaito stood up straight with a grin. "Well, anything! Anything is fair game in the African wilderness." He stated dramatically. Miku leaned over to Yukari's ear and loudly whispered, "You know, in real life, Kaito is scared to hurt a fly." She snickered, "He's always worried about it 'having a family,' or whatever." Yukari and Akari began to giggle along with Miku. Kaito glared at Miku. "Oh, haha." He sighed.

Everyone was laughing and partying, but one person was curious. This person wanted to see more than just the lounge area; this person wanted to explore Miku's new home. The guest did not want to go alone, however, and decided to invite another to examine the house as well.

Which Vocaloids want to explore the house?