Introduction

Welcome to Vocaloid Escape the Night. As you already know, you will have the ability to comment and make choices that effect the long running story. For those who came to this book from the Escape the Night fandom, you already have a pretty good grasp at what might and is going to happen, but to those who came purely from the Vocaloid fandom, you will have no clue what will happen next within the pages of this story. Whether you know the original plot or not however, there are some parts of my version of the story that I need to explain extra for. All of these explanations have to do with the interactive side of this story.

First off, each character has a set of stats. Those stats will dictate how a character acts and behaves, as well as how well they do in the game. Some stats make it very hard to survive and some might be what saves someone from life or death. These stat are constant and will always stay the same.

The for each character are:

Strength

Wit

Speed

Panic

Compatibility 

And Suspicion.

Strength and speed are very self explanatory. These stats are how strong and fast someone is. Wit is someone's smart. This stat keeps in mind the character's puzzle solving abilities and quick thinking.  Panic is how easy it is for a character to feel overwhelmed by a situation. Compatibility a character's ability to get along with others. Suspicion is basically a character's trust. It is the most versatile of the stat. 

Each stat changes a character's probability of surviving certain situations. I will not tell you each characters stats now, maybe at the end, but it will most definitely impact the story.

The next thing I wanted to go over is relationships. Each character has different relationships. They will also impact the character's likelihood of surviving. Unlike the stats however, they will change over the course of the story. Depending on the choices you make and the interactions they have with each other Vocaloid can have a good or bad relationship. If you've watched Escape the Night beforehand, you will understand how important this is.

Last but certainly not least, we've got the choices themselves. There will be two types of choices in this story, Decisions and Votes. Decisions will directly impact a character's thought process. For example, anyone could have gone exploring last chapter, but due to the votes, Kaito was the one who got the idea (rest in peace Kaito you will be missed). Not all Decisions will lead to death, in reality, most of the Decisions made with impact relationships and voting rather than a person's life. With a Decision, you will choose as many Vocaloids as the prompt asks for.

Votes on the other hand will directly lead to death. Votes will send a person into a death challenge, where only one person will make it out alive. Unlike with Decisions, any Votes you put in are not guaranteed to send a character into the death challenge. You can Vote for up to two Vocaloids and those Votes will be randomized where two Vocaloids will be chosen to go into the challenge.

With that being said, thank you for clicking on this story and I hope you enjoy it!

P.S. For the picture, I tried to mostly use official art but I couldn't for some of them.

For Cyber Songman and Lola I had to use pictures of 3D models I found on the internet:

Cyber Songman: mmdelight.blogspot.com/2017/02/polygoncount-cyber-songman.html

Lola: mmdelight.blogspot.com/2016/09/yoistyle-lola.html

With Kizuna, I tried to find official art, but I could never find a transparent one. I had to use fanart. I don't want this person to go uncredited soooo

Kizuna Akari: deviantart.com/sounds-like-ballons/art/Kizuna-Akari-vocaloid-fanart-825124795