• 22 •

( Yeona's pov )

I had never been this nervous before, not before my SM audition, heck not even before my math exam, I just wanted to stop walking, turn around and run back to my dorm room and go back to sleeping. But sadly that could not happen.

We were currently walking to my previous home to meet my mum. We as in me and Jaemin.

Jaemin was the only one who knew about this, and I made him promise me about keeping it a secret for me so I had no other option except him at the moment.

I'm just happy that he agreed to come with me.

We decided to go together to our house so that I can't chicken out at the last moment and then he will wait for me at a nearby cafe and I will go in to talk to my mom about what happened yesterday, hopefully.

As we neared my house, I suddenly stopped walking, not wanting to do it anymore.

Jaemin noticed my expressions and turned to look at me.

He held my shoulders and made me look at him.

"You can do this! I know you can, so if I can believe in you then why can't you believe in yourself?", he said gentley.

After getting no response from me he continued talking.

"Come on"

"Yeona?"

"You gotta do this for your dream"

"Yes thanks Jaemin", I said and started walking again, making Jaemin run to catch up with me.

We reached my house and he mentioned for me to go inside.

I sighed and made my way towards our door, as I saw Jaemin walking backwards to go to the cafe.

I nervously rang the doorbell, waiting for my mom to open up.

After about a minute she finally opened the door. She was a little surprised to see me here but soon she left the door open for me to enter and went inside without even saying a single word to me.

I sighed. Maybe this is not a good idea.

I thought about Jaemin's words and made my way inside taking a seat opposite from my mother at the dining table.

"Mom", I tried, off course receiving no answer.

"Eommma please listen to me", I said, standing up and making my way towards her, slowly taking a seat beside her.

"Listen to you? Why would I do that when you didn't listen to your mother", she said getting up.

I quickly followed her.

"Eomma this is what I want to do with my life-", I was cut half way when a hand came in contact with my cheek making it a bright colour of red.

It hurts.

I was shocked.

I held my cheek and looked at my mom surprised.

"I don't care what you want. Why would I? Did you care about what I want?", She said.

" I know you won't listen to me even after this so I won't stop you from continuing this but in future when you will realise what you are choosing right now is wrong then don't come back crying, okay? You could have taken an apartment and led a normal life but if this is what you want do it. You will regret it later. It's not as easy as you think", with this she turned away.

"You may leave now", she said as I made my way outside the house, still holding my cheek as I didn't know what else to do.

Was she abondaning me?

Was I that bad?

I stood outside the house as cold tears rolled down my cheeks.

I turned around to walk in the opposite direction of the cafe, I didn't want to talk about this with anyone, I couldn't face Jaemin like this. I can't drag him in the mess my life is. I don't deserve him or anyone.

As I was about to start walking, I felt a hand wrapped around my  wrist and then they turned me around and englufed me in a hug.

That is when I lost it and started sobbing.

It was Jaemin, he never left. He waited there for me.

I didn't deserve him.

This is all I could think as I continued crying still in his arms.

__________

After a while when I calmed down, we made our way towards the cafe where Jaemin was supposed to wait.

He didn't ask me any questions, he just held my hand quitely as we walked, and I didn't protest.

When we reached the cafe we ordered our drinks and sat down near the window.

"Are you okay", he asked, eyeing me worryingly.

I just nodded.

Suddenly he touched my cheek making me flinch. He quickly apologized and went back to sipping his coffee.

"I don't know wether or not she accepted it but she told me if this is what I wanted then I can do it.", I said summarising for him.

"Then isn't it good?", he asked a little confused.

"She doesn't support me", I said making him nod.

"Then I guess you have to work with my support until she comes around and decides to support you", he said, shrugging.

Hearing that made me smile.

He smiled back at me and we went back to sipping our drinks.

_______________

hello again!

I honestly felt guilty for writing a fanfiction for some reason so that is why I didn't update but then ofc I got over it. This is right, right? Answer me whenever you read this.

But other than that we reached 100 views! Yayyyy
I know not a big deal but to me it is so yeah let's celebrate :)

Thanks for reading
Vote and comment if you like. :))
Stay safe 💛