Ch14 : Shots Fired

"Asano"
"So, you're back with this...thermometer, are you?"

Todoroki took a step forward, but Bakugo held him back.

"Did she just called me a-"
"Yeah, and I probably will too sometimes. Don't get too annoyed by it."

Todoroki glares at Bakugo. All he gave him back is just a smirk, but it got even wider when his focus is back on the girl in front of them.

"So let me get this straight. You thought you can kill him?"
"Huh? Yeah. Everything went according to my plan so far." Kira said, leaning on the wall behind her.

"There's only one person standing on my way to get his dead body in my hands."

Bakugo's heartbeat just got faster. The word 'dead' keeps ringing in his ear. There is no way he will let her touch him.

"Todoroki- I mean, Shoto." Bakugo whispers.

"Huh?"
"Get back, once I use my quirk, run."
"But you-"
"Just do as I say."

A chuckle can be heard coming from Asano's mouth.

"Setting up a plan are you? Cute. But I don't have time for that."

She took a step forward.

"I'm going to kill both of you if I need to."

Her steps stopped. She glares at Bakugo. A flash of darkness can be seen in her eyes.

"Starting from you."

Bakugo let off a bunch of explosions when he thought she was running towards him. But the realization of her quirk quickly hits him. He held on for a sec and told Todoroki to get moving after noticing that she's gone.

"Go!"

He didn't think of anything else except for doing as what Bakugo said. His feet moves fast, taking him to the kitchen, leaving Bakugo all alone with that psycho-freak in the living room. He shuts the kitchen door and leaned onto it. Another explosion can be heard, followed by a scream. Todoroki can't stay quiet. No no. He quickly closes his eyes and think.

Think Todoroki, Think.

And when his eyes opened, he noticed something.

A shadow cannot be created without a light.

...

Bakugo seems to be having a hard time spotting his enemy. Not only because there are so many shadows to be seen, but also because he has one. One time she jumped out and kicked him right on his back. Another one followed when he thought she was going towards the table, but no. And another one came when he suddenly made an explosion due to him sweating so many.

Bakugo can't take it anymore. He doesn't know what happened to him. The image of Todoroki dying fucked his mind. He never knew he would be this fucked up. But here he is, standing in the middle of the room, waiting for the shadow bitch to show up from nowhere.

"FUCK YOU"

Bakugo let off two explosions at once. Aiming for the walls around him. But nothing seems to work. He's tired. And everything just got worse when he can feel a stomp on his back, pinning him to the ground.

"So...That's the best you can do?"

Bakugo stays quiet.

"No answers eh? I guess you're not that strong after all."

All that he can think of is Todoroki.