Chapter 5: A Party?

Okie chapter 5 bois!

Ben and Mike's Dorm
UCLA
8:00 PM
Monday
August 30th

Ben's POV:
"Hey Mike?"

"Yeah?"

"We're uh- throwing a party at the end of next week."

"Huh? Why?"

"Well you know Erica right?"

"The girl you been crushing on like crazy? Yeah, I know her bud." He smirked.

"To get her to come to lunch with us I... may have said we were throwing a party."

"A party? Really? Why?"

"To "celebrate the start of the year." I winced.

He looked at me and burst out laughing.

"Oh man! You did not! Why would we be celebrating that, my guy?"

"I wasn't thinking and I didn't want her to leave. So I said the first thing that came to mind."

"And she believed it?"

"I guess so. Now I could tell her I was lying to spend time with her, which she might find sweet or rude, depending. Or... we could just throw a party." I gave a hopeful smile.

"But that takes a decent amount of planning. And we're in college."

"I know. But its's early on so the workload's pretty small. And... you can invite Zoe." I said with a sly smirk.

"What's that smile for?"

"You obviously like her."

"No I don't." He said too quickly.

"Whatever man. But it would be a solid way to lock the 4 of them as our friends. And to have some fun man."

"I don't know..."

"Come on... please?"

"What happens if the cops show up?"

"They won't."

"How can you be so sure?"

"We just won't do anything illegal. Easy peasy."

"I think you should just talk to her and say you just wanted to hang out but didn't know how to ask."

"But what if she gets mad?"

"Just talk to her. Lying to her more isn't gonna help man."

"But what if she gets mad?" I repeated.

"She's gonna be way madder if you keep the lie up than just telling her."

"Maybe but I don't want to upset her. And I feel really bad already."

"Ben. You're gonna feel worse if you lie to her again. I love parties, don't get me wrong. But this is not the right way to do this."

"I know but I really don't want her to be mad at me."

"Ben I guarantee continuing to lie to her is just gonna make it worse. Just be honest and tell her it was a stupid thing to say but you got caught up in the moment. I'll help you if you want to go through with it but I guarantee you should think about it first. If you're still sure tomorrow I'll help you because you're my boy. But think about it first. I've seen enough movies to know continuing to lie messes everything up worse."

"Yeah you're probably right. It'd probably just mess it up more. I'll try to talk to her instead. Thanks Mike. Appreciate the help."

"No problem. I'm always here for you."

"Me too."

Kinda short Ik, but there's not much else they can say. Hope it wasn't too bad :)