Chapter 9: Dreamlike Nightmare

Okay it's gonna be mostly Erica's POV for the next few chapters. Also, double update bc of 350 followers, thanks guys!

Somewhere in the Housing Campus
UCLA
7:00 AM
Sunday
October 3rd

Erica's POV:
I was standing watching Ben and Joshua fight.

Josh shoved Ben and punched him in the face.

The whole thing seemed familiar.

Instead of talking to Josh this time, Ben attacked.

He tackled him and punched him over and over again.

Josh was coughing up blood now so I ran over.

"BEN! STOP!" I screamed.

He looked over with a wild look in his eyes.

I shrunk in fear. He looked like Josh did.

I started to sob as he hit Josh a couple more times.

He stood up and walked away.

"Ben!" I called. "Ben come back!"

He kept walking.

I chased after him.

"Do you choose me this time?"

"What do you mean?"

"Last time I talked him down and calmly got him to realize how dumb he was for hurting you. And you left with him. Now that I looked, had the look, and acted the way he used to when he abused you, do you love me more? Or will you go back and help him? And choose him again?"

"Ben I-"

"Nevermind. I already know. No matter how much he hurts you, part of you still wants to forgive him. I can't compete with that. He's the bad boy. I'm the nice guy. Girls always go for the bad boys. So why do good girls like bad boys? Because nice guys always finish last."

"Are you just quoting TikTok songs now?"

"Maybe. But will you remember this dream forever? Yes. And that's the point here. I want you to remember forever how you say you want a nice guy and that you keep getting screwed over when it comes to guys, but then you choose the bad boy over a nice guy." He said as he disappeared and I woke up, more confused than when I went to sleep.

Okay, now they start to get longer again.