Ch. 2 | Exploration and Learning

All art isn't mine unless said so.

The cover art for this chapter I did make

I actually wanted to upload this part during the weekend but wanted to touch up some things
Also this was kinda rushed

---------------

A couple more minutes till my first class comes in and I have completely somewhat calmed down. I even nibbled on one of the mints that Principal Larry packed into the gift basket. I pick up the attendance sheet and look at all the names of my students.

As I was reading it over the bell rang and in a couple of minutes arrived my students. As I waited for them all to settle down I proceeded to go on with the class normally. I went over the attendance of course and went over the basics with my students like going over what type of instruments there are and discussing which instrument do they think is best suited for them and the such.

As the class was almost done and since I've already gone over everything needed for the first day I allowed the students to chat among themselves to befriend one another or catch up with old friends over what they did during the summer. As I was passing the sheets for instrument sign-ups I noticed one of my students crestfallen.

"Hey, Penn was it? Is everything alright? " I ask stopping in front of him

He looked up and me and sighed, "Yeah it's alright it's just that today just feels overwhelming and on the top of that the art teacher doesn't like me very much for reasons I don't quite know." He says pointing a thumb outside the door where I see Mr. Rippen sending a devious smile towards Penn.

I glare at him and hastily proceed to tape up a poster in front of the window so they wouldn't see each other. "Well, at least now you don't have to see his face when you're in my classroom," I say to him with a smile as I hand out the paper for the instruments.

He smiles back," Thanks, you're a lot nicer than him that's for sure."

I then proceeded to hand out the rest of the papers and relaxed in my chair until class ends. Soon enough the bell rings and my first class leaves and then my next one arrives.

The day goes on and soon it's over just like that. As I pack up I notice Principal Larry and Rippen walking outside my door. I don't hear much except Rippen laughing deviously but it's none of my business so I just head on out the door and leave. On my way out I pass by the duo and while me and Larry pass each other kind farewells, me and Rippen merely glared at each other on our way out.

I sit in my car and let out a deep breath and lay my head against the wheel. I let the stress out as I turn on the car and listen to the radio. I check my watch to see if it somehow got damaged during the day and breathed a sigh of relief when there was barely even a scratch on it.

Y'know I just realized I barely had time to look around Middleburg. All I did the past couple of months was just move, unpack my stuff and just relaxed in the hammock in the backyard and of course the usual studying but that's it. I sit up and decide to take a drive through the town so I can really see the area I'm actually living in. That is one of the reasons I moved away after all. I carefully drive out of the school parking lot and into the town.

As I sightsee from my car I spot a mini restaurant next to an old theater. It was a quaint little fish stick shack with a glowing sign saying 'go away'. Well, that's bad business promotion but I am in the mood for a fish stick and it would be cool to check out the crumbling structure of the theater later. I park my car at the side of the road and examine the exterior of the building more closely. I notice the large wires(or tubes?) attached to the side of both the buildings with electricity flowing through them. I guess that theater isn't so desolate after all. Sighing at the disappointment that I can't go on an urban exploration inside the theater I decide to do what I came here originally for, a nice fish stick.

I enter in and as I do I look at the dim surroundings of the restaurant as I walk to the counter. Grey chairs, grey tables, grey countertop, checkered flooring, and a man who looks like he'd rather be somewhere else. I mean the only thing colorful here is the red glowing multi Dimensional transporter attached to the side of the wall.

Wait, the what.

I stop midway my tracks and look at the transporter in front of me. I couldn't believe this! How could there be one here? Why is this here? Who built this?

Questions swirled my head and I already felt faint with all the thoughts rushing in my head.

"Ah-hem" A voice speaks out

I look towards the source of the voice and see the man at the counter glaring at me with his arms crossed and a raised eyebrow towards me.

"Order something or go away, I do not allow solicitors." He tells me as I just stare at him with wide eyes and slack-jawed.

What in the universe is going on here?