Prologue

Mera Aruxi, a girl who was born into a poor family of dragon-nip farmers, had her life already planned from beginning to end, almost immediately after she was born.  Both her mother and father worked on their secluded farm day in and day out, and made just enough gold to last them during winter after fall harvest was taken to town.
      Mera's entire family had been farmers, since the very first settlers who came to Undari, starting with her great-great-great grandmother, who owned a small blue and white dragon named Wilquim. Wilquim is credited for discovering the wild dragon-nip while out on a hunt, and bringing it back to Mera's grandmother, where she learned to extract the seeds and replant them as crops. However, as humans, dragons, and society in Undari grew more complex and sophisticated, and as the population grew, machines were created to grow and extract dragon-nip faster than ever thought possible by farmers.
The farm owned by the Aruxi family quickly fell from their success in the economy, and their dragon-nip prices fell to a measly amount of gold per stack. Ever since, the family had struggled to stay alive.

--

After the birth of Mera, a beautiful baby girl with bright green eyes and brunette hair, Junsi, Mera's mother, and Sethen, her father, set out to teach her the way of dragon-nip farming, just like her family before her.  And, for eighteen years, Mera worked hard.  For eighteen years, she struggled along with her parents.  She may have went on taking over the farm, but Mera had her own goals in life; to be chosen by a dragon egg.