Chapter 1

Jace POV

"Clary!" I yell.

"Yeah?!" I hear her voice echo from the shower.

"I need to talk to you, Izzy, and Simon in the library, so when you get out of the shower just meet me!"

"Okay!" She yells.

Everything's been perfect between me and Clary, but there's something...missing. After everything with her, Simon, and even Sebastian, there's been a disconnect. It's made me unsure. One thing I never am, and hate to be, is unsure.

Magnus gave me an idea to combat what I've been feeling. He told me to fall back into the old Jace. Everything changed so quickly after meeting Clary. I'd even lost a sibling. I can't even remember how I survived that. I was conflicted with it at first, but I figured there'd be no harm in one evening. One evening of fun...like the old Jace.
I have a meet up planned for tonight with a girl I met at Takis yesterday night, so when everyone's asleep at 12 I'll be on my way there.

I set up a little surprise in the library, and we kinda needed a movie theater screen in there anyways.

*23 minutes later...in the library.*

Clary POV

Jace has been acting funny for a while and I think I know why. He's been making life so picture perfect for everyone in the institute. We've all been coping since Max died. He's hardly sat down to shed a tear over his slain brother, trying to be considerate of the fact I've been mourning the half-demon that felt like the other part of me, too. No matter how evil he was.

"Oh my-"

"Holy angel!" Izzy says.

Every one was stunned, the only sound audible was the rain tapping on the giant windows that lined the library. Jace had bought a movie theater sized screen to cover one whole library wall. The shiny flooring had been replaced with black carpeting, and covered with pillows and blankets. It looked like a dream.
"Jace, did you set up a lazy day?" I ask Jace, who is NEVER lazy.

"Yeah, I did I guess," He smiles.

"It looks great in here," says Simon, "let the lazy day commence!"

Isabelle puts in a movie and lays down to cuddle with Simon on all the gigantic blankets and pillows spread on the floor. Alec and Magnus do the same.

Jace comes over to me, wraps a quick arm around my hip and takes me down to the blanket covered floor. I guess that's one way of telling me to lay down. He gets a couple wine glasses for everyone including us. Afterward, I'm a teeny weeny bit drunk. Then, laying down with Jace quickly turns into going "under the covers" with Jace.
What? It's a big room.
2 hours later, I'm wiped out and ready to go to sleep.

Jace POV

After what I just did with Clary (which was unexpected) I get up and get dressed quietly so I won't wake anyone up.

I meet up with Haley (my date) and contemplate how I'm even going to begin to enjoy myself after what I just did with Clary.