11 | thanks, but no thanks

Hearing the front door slam startled me

Hearing the front door slam startled me. It caused a ripple effect, making my bedroom door shake as well. I had no idea what was going on, but by the front door slamming and the arguing coming from the living room, I could only guess one thing.

Naomi's home.

I grabbed my cell phone, seeing it was 8:50 am in the morning. My phone buzzed with text messages from my publicist and my manager telling me to call them. I made a mental note to check my phone after I ceased the commotion happening in my house.

Before I could get to the living room, I could hear Ana and Naomi going off on each other.

"Girl, are you fucking stupid? Odell don't want you! Get that through your damn mind."

"No one ever said Odell wanted me. I'm here to check on my friend and make sure he's good, something you seem to have trouble doing for your man. He called me! I wouldn't be here if he didn't ask for my company, so take that up with YOUR man. Not me."

I finally the opened the door to my room. "Are you fucking kidding me?" Naomi yelled. "What the hell is she doing here, Odell?"

"Noelle--"

"I come home and your shiesty ass ex is spending the night. How did you think this was ok?"

"Can you let me explain, please?" I groaned, propping myself on my crutches. This was not how I wanted to start my morning. And anyone who knew me, knew I couldn't stand loud people first thing in the morning.

Reaching the door, I saw Ana changing her clothes and gathering her things to leave. The last thing I wanted to do was cause more issues or have her in the middle of my fucked up relationship.

"I asked Ana to come by yesterday. Mama cooked, and it got really late, so I insisted she stay the night instead of making her drive home in the dark."

She rolled her eyes, exhaling a loud breath to show how annoyed she was. I can admit, walking into your house and seeing your man's ex probably isn't the best thing to see, but nothing happened. Ana took the couch, and I moved to my bedroom. But to be honest, if Naomi didn't surprise everyone by coming back home this morning, she wouldn't have known.

"It's real funny to me how you find time to hang out with her when I'm not around."

"Maybe that's the problem. You're not around." Her eyebrows furrowed at my response.

"What is going on?" My mom asked. She walked down the hall wiping her eyes from her slumber. Once we heard her voice, the only noise came from Ana grabbing her keys and sliding her feet in her shoes. "Ana, honey, why are you leaving? I planned to cook breakfast."

"Ms. Heather, it's fine. I'm just going to head home."

"You have got to be kidding me." Naomi mumbled, loud enough for my mom to notice she was in the room.