part 3 | soon 🌟

"Sugawara." Sopping wet from sewer water, Yamaguchi stepped into the small shop.

"Yamaguchi? What happened?" Sugawara stood from the counter and walked over to him.

He started crying. His tear-stained cheeks tinted red, his puffy eyes staring straight at the ground.

Holding a single, black-rimmed pair of glasses in his hand.

Sugawara gasped, then tightly hugged Yamaguchi close to him. Poor kid. He knew how important Tsukki was to him.

"I'll take you in, okay? It's best for you to not go to the warehouse for a few days." Suga took his hand and they went through the secret passage to the underground of the shop.

Familiar, white walls surrounded him in a comfortable hug, the warmth of Suga's home calming him down. 

"You should take a bath. You don't want to sleep with wet clothes, you'll get a fever." Suga took his shirt off for him, placing it in the small washing machine. He got spare clothes from the closet, handing them to Yamaguchi.

"Thank... you...." Yamaguchi tried to smile, but all that came out was a strained choke.

Suga decided to give him some space, to think to himself. He didn't want him to feel uncomfortable.

After 10 minutes, Yamaguchi returned, his hair dripping, and a towel around his neck. He sat down next to Sugawara, letting out a long sigh.

"Is the temperature okay?" Sugawara tampered with the heater. Yamaguchi just nodded.

"Thank you..." Yamaguchi mumbled, and Suga smiled at him.

"No problem. It's the least I can do." Suga got a blanket from a dresser, wrapping Yamaguchi in it.

He snuggled into the thick blanket, burying his face in it. He missed Tsukishima already.

"I'm sorry about Tsukishima... but please, don't feel guilty. It wasn't your fault." Suga pat his back, placing a hot chocolate on the table in front of them.

"Mhm." Yamaguchi hummed. Suga always knew the exact words to help him feel better.

"Alright, it's already 5 AM. You should sleep in today." Suga pat his head, walking to the bedroom.

"Kay..." Yamaguchi finished up his hot choco, taking his blanket and dragging his legs to the bedroom. It was a rough day.

🌟

Tsukishima walked alongside a stern-looking soldier. He had a black uniform on, marching in a paced rhythm. His sunken eyes blankly stared forward, void of any expression. Tsukki winced, fiddling with his fingers. He stared at the ground, his heart beating faster and faster.

Where was he taking him? 

Would he ever see Yamaguchi again?

His glasses were missing. He must've dropped them when they were escaping.

They walked up to a large door, pushing it open to reveal a modern-looking training unit. The entrance was decked with metal, steel walls oppressing him, but pulling him in.

"Tsukishima Kei." He looked up, surprised to hear his name.

It was a tall man he had never seen before. He was wearing the same black uniform, with spiky, silver and black hair. His eyes were a yellowish-brown. A strange, buff man...

"Who are you- Ack!" He started to speak, but coughed out as he felt the man jabbed his shoulder with his hand.

"Oy, talking back to your chief, aye?" The man bent down and looked him in the eyes. He was uncomfortably close to his face.

"N-No, sir..." Tsukishima remembered seeing it on an abandoned leaflet. Do not talk back to your chief. Do not disobey orders. Follow the given routines.

"Good. So you already know." The man squeezed his shoulder, intimidating Tsukishima further. He was now shaking a bit, his hands quivering.

"Bokuto, stop scaring the newbie." Another strange man approached them, he was wearing a white uniform with soft, black hair and sharp black eyes. Why was his uniform different?

"Okay Aghasheeee..." The spiky-haired man, who was supposedly called Bokuto, loosened his grip on Tsukishima, finally letting him breathe.

"Thank you, sir." Tsukishima bowed at the black-haired man.

He gave him a new pair of black-rimmed glasses, which took Tsukishima by surprise.

"You're welcome, Kei. I'm the grand leader, Akaashi. Welcome to your new home." The man smiled softly, then turned away and walked towards a corridor branch on the far right. He motioned for Tsukishima to follow him, which he did.

It felt unfamiliar. Blue carpet covered the floor, and the walls faded from steel to drywall. Metal doors turned into wooden doors, and the eerie silence was replaced with excited chatters.

"H-Huh?" Tsukishima mumbled, when Akaashi skidded to a halt in front of a fancy, redwood door, with the numbers 1211 engraved on it.

"This is your room. You will be sharing this room with another boy about your age." Akaashi swung the door open, and sitting down on the bed was a black-haired boy, with blue eyes.

"Ah, damn. I'm not alone now." The boy whined, and earned a cold glare from Akaashi.

"Watch your mouth, Tobio. This is Tsukishima Kei, your new roommate." Akaashi introduced.

"E-E-Eh? Fine. I'm Kageyama. Now get in." The boy said obnoxiously. 

Reluctantly, Tsukishima stepped into the room, looking around. It had off-white walls, with a spherical lamp hanging from the ceiling of the room. The only window was barred off, and the same, blue carpet covered the floor. There was also a door leading to a small bathroom on the side. 

The corner had a wooden dresser the same color as the door. There was a bunk bed to his left, and two desks at the very back of the room, spread far apart. The empty was was supposedly his, and Kageyama's had bunches of volleyball stuffs on it.

"T-That desk's yours. Don't try to steal anything, y'hear?" Kageyama said, pointing at the empty desk.

He nodded, sitting down. "So, the bottom bunk's yours?" Tsukishima asked.

"Yep. You get the top bunk. Also, the clothes here are replaced every night at 1 AM. Put your dirty clothes here, and wear anything in here. Don't stay up past curfew, your training hours will get extended for a week." Kageyama pointed at various things in the room as he spoke, pacing arond.

"Got it. Mhm." Tsukishima hummed. 

He just wanted to see Yamaguchi again.

Soon.

🌟

END OF PART 3