part 6 | so long... ⭐

Tsukishima sat impatiently on a bench in a white-walled hallway, head in his hands, and tapping his foot repeatedly on the floor covered in blue carpet.

Around him were voices of rushing doctors and nurses, a heart monitor beating in a rhythmic pattern.

Oh, the medical ward, it was loud. 

Too loud for Tsukishima.

But he stayed there anyways. He couldn't leave. He couldn't leave Yamaguchi.

"Tsukishima, you can't just stay here the entire night, you have to go back to the residence ward." Akaashi spoke to him in a worried tone.

"Go away." Was the only thing Tsukishima replied to him with.

Akaashi did as he said, not wishing to quarrel, looking back with a concerned expression one last time before walking off. The sound of his footsteps echoed off the walls, and eventually faded in with the chatter of the doctors and patients. 

Tsukishima couldn't hear them. He couldn't hear anything. He was so lost in his own thoughts that his six senses had shrunk into zero. He checked the time. It was getting late. The night was dark, through the small window facing opposite him. He could see the inner gate of the institution from there, and he was glad he could. That way, he could still do his job while waiting.

Whilst lost in his thoughts, he started dozing off subconsciously, his vision blurring, and the scenery fading to dark. 

In his slumber, he dreamt.

He dreamt about a time when he still had freedom.

He was in the body of a little boy.

The little boy pranced around a big, empty warehouse, playing, dancing, and laughing over trivial things.

Another little boy came, and they danced around together, until the sun went down.

The two little boys made a wooden toy. A toy model of a plane.

Then, they cooked a nice meal together, and they went to sleep.

It was a simple dream. But Tsukishima couldn't get enough of it. What happened to the little boys? Where did the little boys live? He would never know.

"Tsukki.... Tsukki!" He heard a faint voice echoing in the distance.

Just as he turned around, he woke up with a jolt.

"Tsukishima!" Bokuto was shaking him by the shoulders.

"Huh?" He re-adjusted his glasses, in a sleepy daze.

"Wow.... You really slept here? Is this boy that special to you?" Bokuto asked him.

He smiled softly with a nod. "...Yes. He's special. And I'll always treasure him..."

"Well, good news! He's awake!" Bokuto exclaimed with a wide grin.

Tsukishima jumped up. He'd felt more awake in that moment than in any he's ever lived through until then.

"What did you say?"

"He woke up a few hours ago. It's noon." Bokuto replied.

Tsukishima's face lit up, his eyes widening. He was beaming with joy.

"Where is he? Can I visit him? What condition is he in?" He couldn't stop his questions, streaming out like a river.

"Woah woah woah. He's had surprisingly minor injuries for the accident. A few broken bones, minor burns along his torso and arms." Bokuto explained.