The Letter And A Confession

Posted: 25th February 2021.

Percy's POV.
I slowly open the letter that is addressed to me.

Dear Percy Weasley.
If you're reading then, to put it plainly, I'm dead. I've only explained parts of my life to two, my father and Isobel, and now I am going to write every last piece of my tale for you to uncover.
I suppose it all began when I was three months old when the pain first appeared, I had just witnessed the deaths of my grandparents, uncles and Mother. I lost most of my family; the people I loved most gone before I could even remember them properly.
Then two months after I turned one, my father was falsely accused of the murder of Peter Pettigrew and thirteen muggles. So, when he was sent to Azkaban, I went to the Malfoy Manor; a place as bad as Azkaban prison.
Over the next few years the only people I ever talked to where the Malfoys or other pureblood families. Until I was going on six and met Angela Robinson; she was the best thing to ever happen to me in those empty years.
Every afternoon, when she'd get home from school I would go through the small space in a hedge and go to her town, where we would spend hours talking, planning our futures and having fun; It was a escape from my nightmarish reality.
After years of friendship it all changed on January 6th 1991 - the day after the Malfoys found out where I was going every day - Angela died. I've known it was the Malfoys for years but I never said anything at all.
Months after the death of Angela, I saw you in Diagon Alley. I was only ten but I knew it was love; true love. I never said anything because you're way too good for me. You're intelligent, charming, thoughtful, sweet, caring, considerate. As months turned into a years, I got used to that empty feeling in me. I kept it all bunched up until the summer before second year when I found a diary; Tom Riddle's diary (though I didn't know it was harmful at the time). I wrote every day until it went missing and even got hold of it in the school year. Much more has happened since then but I'm not going to make you learn all of it. If you wish to learn more ask Andromeda Tonks, Remus Lupin and Tonks. I hope one day you might forgive me but I understand if you don't want to.
Sincerely,
R.A.B

I look at the letter and realise just when this letter was written as Tonks and Lupin are now dead. I frown at it for a second before crying more than before. I can't help but feel bad as I haven't talked to her since July yet she didn't know of my feelings until a second before her death.