two.

"i could do about anything"
...

as the years went on, tsukishima and yamaguchi grew inseparable. the two cared deeply for each other, and everyone around them knew it. yamaguchi had begun to call the boy 'kei-kun' as a nickname, and when given the opportunity, spent every second he could with tsukishima.

the relationship they had developed was like no other, being that the two relied on each other for everything and anything. they were all the other had, and both of them were okay with that.

it wasn't hard to see the tension in the air when the tsukishima and yamaguchi were together, but the both of them were oblivious to that fact. it was as if to them, it wasn't so blatantly obvious.

yamaguchi followed tsukishima around everywhere he went like a lost puppy. his eyes would be wide and full of admiration, like no one else in the world mattered in that moment. tsukishima shrugged everyone off and seemed so cold until he heard yamaguchis voice and his face would soften, as if the shorter boy was the only thing that could break through the wall tsukishima always had up.

the two were more than compatible, they were perfect together.

they lived in their own little world, and no one questioned it for a second. as far as they were concerned, not a single person on earth was as important as each other.

they were bestfriends, the best friend either of them had ever had.

until the day everything changed.

sort of.

it started with tsukishima, the summer before their 1st year of highschool.

the summer that he realized he was in love with yamaguchi, and had been for a long time.

when tsukishima realized that every time he saw the freckle faced boy, his heart would skip a beat. the moment he knew he didn't want anyone else in the world to ever replace him, and it pained him to think of yamaguchi with anyone else.

that's when his world changed.

it was an ordinary day, just like any other for the two. they had been walking through the park at night, talking as usual, when tsukishima suddenly stopped, causing yamaguchi to softly bump into his back due to the fact the he was walking slightly behind him as he always did.

"is everything okay?" yamaguchi spoke, looking up into tsukishimas eyes through his glasses.

"i was just thinking" he responded cooly, staying in his place.

"about what?" the innocent boy asked again, growing concerned for his friend.

"yamaguchi do you like anyone?" he spoke bluntly, letting his emotions take control for the moment.

"um, i don't know, why?" yamaguchi had responded softly, a blush forming across his face as he got flustered by the question.

to that tsukishima turned to face him, looking down and staring into his brown eyes. he lifted his hand and placed it on yamaguchi's face, rubbing a small circle on the boys cheek with his thumb before removing his hand completely.

he then looked away, a blush forming on his face as well for a quick moment. he cleared his throat before speaking again, for what would be the last time of the night.

"let's go" was all he said before he began walking again. yamaguchi trailed behind as he always did, thoughts running wild. he had a million questions, but he knew there was no use of asking tsukishima what that was about, so he chose to stay silent.

the rest of the walk was in silence, both left to their own wandering thoughts.

they never spoke about that night again.

———

a/n : hi babies, here's your chapter 2 :) sorry i know, short again, ill try to be better in the future ! i'm not gonna lie i teared up twice writing this, i love this ship so much and i'm literally so lonely i want someone to love him. anyway— i hope you enjoyed, i hope i'm not letting anyone down! i love you guys, thank you for the support, you guys mean the world to me

edit: i forgot to add this yesterday but the japanese school year is so confusing to me so i'm doing the american school year because i know how it works LOL

edit pt 2: FIXED THIS CHAPTER TOO ITS A LOt BETTER NOW WKWUENW