Welcome To The Team!

"So, Kahura"

Kaya hums and looks over at Maya who's sitting next to her. "What did Master Quantus tell you? Why does he want you to meet Master Boddai?"

She shrugs. "He told me to deliver a message. Though, when I asked why he couldn't just tell him telepathically or something, he said that I was the one who had to tell him. Still don't know why, but I'm honored to do his bidding"

"I'll say", Ky interrupts. "Being a student of the oldest Redakai? Now that's amazing"

Kaya giggles in response. "Master B isn't that bad either! I've heard stories about him. Thing is, I've been training really hard and I haven't gone on many quests lately, so I'm excited to get back into the field!"

"You've been on quests too?", Maya asks.

"Yep! I just took a short break because I wanted to...try some things out eheh...I used to go with Ekayon sometimes. Him and I are good friends"

"You know Ekayon?!", Ky asks, somewhat surprised.

"Of course! He's known for giving me heart attacks on quests by just popping up outta nowhere!"

"Wait a second", Maya says, waving her hand. "If you know Ekayon and you're a Kairu Warrior, how come we didn't see you at the Championship Tournament?"

Kahura's face slightly reddens as she rubs the back of her head. "I-I uhh...w-was umm..told to stay back.."

"Why?"

"B-Because...I may or may not have fallen sick...and I kinda had to make up for breaking the fountain in the monastery. B-Basically, I got grounded...it was embarrassing"

A giggle causes Kahura to flinch and cover her face as Boomer covers his mouth and coughs. "A-Anyway, we're almost there! So, you might wanna get ready with that message"

"Huh? Right! Of course! I'm ready as ever!"

Ky raises an eyebrow and smiles.

Wonder what that message is.

A few more minutes of flying go by as Maya and Kahura talk about various things, like their favorite hobbies, where they're from and how long they've been Kairu Warriors.

As they land, Kahura stands up and claps her hands once before taking a deep breath. The door to the exit of the X-Scaper opens up as a ladder unfolds for them to get down from. Mookie stays behind at the control panel as Ky, Maya and Boomer lead Kahura to the beautiful monastery in front of them.

Just as beautiful as always.

The sound of the rushing water below them makes Kahura feel comfortable already, as she curiously looks around like a child. She smiles and follows the three of them to the inside of the monastery where Master Boddai stands in the middle.

He turns around and greets them with a warm smile. "Hello, warriors"

"Hey, Master B!", Boomer waves. "We have someone who wants to see you"

Kahura then walks forward and stares into Master Boddai's squinted eyes. She bows forward and then takes a deep breath. "M-My name is Kahura! I bring a message from Master Quantus!"

"Is that so? What is it?"

"W-Well...uhh..."

Everybody waits for her to speak as she calms herself down and stares Boddai down, confidently.

"M-Master Quantus has detected a clash of energy. I-It's Kairu against another type. It has been reacting with Pure and Shadow Kairu and he is afraid that in t-time, the clash may kill the whole universe by creating inter dimensional tears! This means that there are people- that normal people would ordinarily call gods- emerging within the population to put a hold to it. He says they are already emerging and are among us- mostly the Kairu Warriors, so there's less to worry about narrowing down suspects- but he said that not all of these gods are good. Some of them will use the clashing energies to rewrite the universe or achieve absolute power, which means we need to collect more Kairu and fast!"

Master Boddai gasps and the three teens exchange glances.

"I think that's why he sent me here. He also told me to go alongside Team Stax so I can help speed up their missions. I'm not any different, but he has trained me to sense Kairu and to tap into this other energy"

"You know this other energy?", Ky asks, stepping forward. Kahura nods.

"It's the organic energy of Earth. It's like Kairu but because of the imbalance made by Shadow Kairu, it's been thrown off balance and is emerging as a more violent and unstable force. If we can rid the world of Shadow Kairu before Pure Kairu, we could buy ourselves more time"

"What is this other energy called?", Boddai questions.

"Master Quantus told me it was called 'Chi'. I've heard of it before, but it was always harder to read than Kairu. Guess I can get some questions answered now"

"And these gods", Maya intervenes. "Could Lokar be one of them?"

"Don't know. But we can't take any risks! We have to collect the Shadow Kairu first before everything is thrown off balance beyond repair!"

Everyone stays silent for a while, exchanging glances. Kahura closes her eyes and bows to Master Boddai. "That's..all I was told"

"I see. Good work, young one. I see why Master Quantus has chosen you"

"Wait, really?"

"Yes. I permit you to go alongside Team Stax. You can assist them on their missions and participate in their Kairu Challenges. Be sure to follow the Kairu Code"

Kahura's eyes light up and widen as she smiles. "O-Of course! Thank you so much!"

Happily, she bows before jumping up and turning around. "I can't believe I just did that", she sighs and turns back around.

"Kahura, we hope we can put a stop to this. Thank you for relaying the message. I will make sure to alert the rest of the Redakai immediately"

"Of course", she replies. "Master Quantus did say that you should be the first to know. I don't know why, because he didn't tell me. So many secrets!"

"Well, with all that in mind, we're gonna have to work EXTRA hard to get the Shadow Kairu before anything bad happens", Ky remarks, stepping up next to her and putting his hand on her shoulder. "Let's work together!"

"Yeah!"