Prologue

Hope's Peak Academy. The massive high school towers over all the other buildings in this bustling urban area. It brings in top students from every field that you can imagine. A government-funded school of privilege. They say that if you come here and manage to graduate, you'll be set for life. With hundreds of years of tradition, it sends the cream of the crop into the work force each year. It was built to raise Hope in the nation's future, which makes Hope's Peak a fitting name for it.

There are two things you need to attend this school...
One, you have to already be attending high school.
Two, you have to be the very best at what you do.
No ordinary student can enroll here. The only way to get in to the school is by being scouted by the school itself. And standing there at the gate of the school, filled with other ultimate students, was me.

Before we go any further, i guess i should introduce myself, my name is Kiyotaka Ishimaru and i hold the title of The Ultimate Moral Compass. I believe in following the rules and using hard work to get to the top rather than relying solely on talent. I make sure to work extremely hard and that is what got me here.

Here i am, standing in front of the gate of Hope's Peak Academy, the school i worked so hard to get into. I took a deep breath and stepped into the main hall. It's currently 7:15am, i guess i got here rather early. What's this? I start feeling dizzy, my vision is becoming distorted and i'm losing my footing. It's pitch black.

I wake up in what looks like a classroom, my head is on the desk. I never fall asleep in class, i feel so ashamed. But there's nobody else in the room so i guess it's not that bad. I stand up and inspect the room. Why are there metal plates on the wall? This is a school not a prison, right?
It must be for safety measures. I look at a sheet of paper that reads: "Hello there! Please gather in the Main Hall at 8am." I looks over at the clock,. 7:55. I have 5 minutes to get there, i don't want to be late.

I enter the room, and to my surprise, 15 other students were stood there.
"This makes 16 of us then." Said a man with a rather peculiar hairstyle.
"Does this mean you guys are students here too?" I ask.
"Yeah, we're all new here." A timid girl said.
"Right, we should start with introductions."

"Now's not the time for stupid introductions."

"How are we meant to communicate without knowing each other's name?"

"I guess it's fine then."

"How are you all? My name is Kiyotaka Ishimaru and I am the Ultimate moral compass," I said " A bunch of stuff happened then i woke up here for some reason."

"That's weird."

"How is it weird?" I asked

"Well, the same thing happened to all of us too."

"Really? That's strange."

I walked over to a boy who seemed to be trembling.

"Are you ok?" I asked

"Y-yes, i'm sorry."

"Anyways, what is your name?"

"Um, I'm Makoto Naegi, the Ultimate lucky student." He said. "Anyways, isn't it weird how we all ended up in the same situation?"

"It is rather peculiar." I replied. "Well, i'll go talk to the others now."

Makoto: "Ok."