chapter 03- 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚

things happen all the time.
often we just don't know why, no matter how much we question.

Things have been left unresolved for both of them. Heavy emotions started to settle deep within them. As much as Liana planned to take this chance to restart and forget everything about the younger, it seems that life had other plans for her. True enough, at this point, she realised that in this situation, she could only try her best to figure things out on her own. It's better than confronting that insensitive person... She thought.

[Haru's pov]

After the whole fiasco in the hall, it kept me thinking about things. Things I told myself not to. This is so annoying, the fact that I've been trying so hard to get back to where I was. I turned to my friends, who have been trying to pry out answers. Nobody knew what exactly happened, which becomes especially annoying whenever they tried to assume my feelings. If they weren't this insensitive, maybe things could have had a good turn..

Kringg

The sound of the chime disrupted all thoughts as I dragged myself back to class. It was as if the weather wanted to empathise with me by granting a downpour, allowing me to silently cursed under my breath. Throughout the rest of the day, I managed to maintain my signature composure while ignoring the continuous whispers from the classmates in the back row. Like as if I can't hear these gossipers. Not wanting to stay in this suffocating environment, I speedily packed up my things after greeting the teachers, crossing my arms when I was stopped by no one other than Finn. Ugh what does he want again..I rolled my eyes and forcefully buried my weariness.

"Tsk, calm down with your expressions..you look like you're going to swallow me alive my man", his high-pitched voice chirped in my ears. Damn right I will swallow you right now..

"What do you need my little prince? I would much appreciate if you let me off so I can take my nap." I sarcastically smiled while leaning onto the door frame. Seeing how crowded the foyer is, I instantly gave out a long sigh, not forgetting that the seniors would be dismissed in just 3 minutes. Distracted, Finn gave a light slap to my shoulders and handled me a group assignment file that the teacher gave out some time ago. That specific one that I didn't pay much attention to since I assumed that it would get sorted out on its own.

"Yeah what about it, don't tell me you're going to ask me to volunteer myself as group leader?" I let out a yawn to show my disinterest, hoping that the bright looking boy in front of me would stop shooting hopeful gazes at me. Thankfully, he shook his head lightly and pointed to the roles sheet, indicating that I would only need to gather resources. Catching my relieved smile and subconscious tapping, he knew better that I was glad to have him. After a quick glace at the clock, I sprinted away to the populated foyer ; avoiding possible eye contacts from the ones coming down the stairs.

Was I supposed to know that fate is something unavoidable?

[Liana's pov]

This is bad. Walking out of that hall, I couldn't comprehend my idiotic actions..like why did I make things so obvious for him?! "Just what is wrong with you.." I muttered to myself, before flicking myself on the forehead so hard that I cringed. Feeling a kick on my chair, I turned to see the same old Dani with a questioning look on her face. Knowing that I would never be able to give a satisfactory explanation, I casually grabbed my pink Post-It ; scribbling something random before tossing it to that flustered cat behind. Within a minute, again i felt the same Post-It shoved to the back of my chair, catching me by surprise.