chapter 02 - 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙥

things change.
together with the simple decision to search back what we lost.

Liana's pov

Awoken by the sudden chime, I realise it's time for duty. As I glance over in Dani's direction, she had a look that I didn't recognise. Before I could question her, she cleared her throat and faced me.

Uh oh.

"I think..I'm going to resolve this so that we can stop feeling this way " Dani said firmly, hands clutching onto the keychain that gave her assurance. I shot her a look of confusion, as tensions rise in the air around us.

"Um..how exactly?" I mutter, avoiding possible eye contact with Dani. The thought of it made me shudder. Not wanting to deal with this mental breakdown, I promised her that I would revisit this after school when I feel much better. Maybe then I would be able to think of something apart from the much needed "closure".

Of course, how many times have I been successful in stuff like these...shame on me.

text message

<Status: Online>

Liana:
"seriously, when a guy does stuff like..not replying for a long time or disappearing for a period of time, what does it mean..?"

Seth:  
"Normally..guys do that to distance from people, but I don't see why he would do that all of a sudden...You guys had real potential 😁"                      

Liana:
"yea, past tense huh. but still...would it be better to resolve it? it's way too draining"                                                                        

Seth:
"I told u many times..just go for it! Don't worry lah if anything just hit me up ok??"

<Status: Offline>

That conversation really didn't help much..but at least he tried? Seth's always so chill. I'm surprised how we even got close, considering that how I overthink all the time and there he is, being completely the opposite. Well, at least he should be glad I called him "Guy Best Friend"

About Haru..maybe I should DM first? It's been ages since I clicked on that username, "@haharu". The warm summery images from his last trip to Australia, the lively class photos back in lower secondary...I can't seem to hide my smile while looking at them. It felt surreal.

typing...

pause.

typing...

pause.

Yeah..what was I expecting. After many rounds of typing, I decide not to send anything for now. Not like he was waiting or something.

I start scrolling through our past texts, subconsciously sensing an awkward atmosphere within the chatroom. He had the natural charm of a junior, despite his cold looks and use of formal language. A low chuckle escapes as I recall his personality. Sometimes, what we see on the surface, isn't the same as what we expect on the inside.

How is he?

Can he feel how I feel right now?

Ding.

The screen once lit up, displaying a text from "Zac". Wait Zac?

Surprisingly, I didn't have to deal the internal wars going in my mind upon receiving that notification. Dani must have approached the juniors in an attempt to resolve the issue. But wow, it has gone to the stage where I had to rely on Zac to give me updates and concerns. At least it wasn't a text prying about anything important..If anything all, the feeling that came to me was pathetic. Until now, I hadn't done a single thing to find out the reason behind everything. Pretty sure theres nothing bad about straightforward. The question is, "How?"