part 5

[ KOOK'S BET ]

"To the pogues" Rafe laughed, lifting his beer in the air. Of course that comment was made in a humiliating way, I had told them somewhat about my date with JJ. They were humored to see this bet working out.

-

"Uh..he taught me how to surf and then he found out about the kook thing" I replied holding back a smile thinking about the date, "what, you never wanted to learn when I tried to teach you" Rafe said, I turned towards him "no offense Rafe, but what do you know about surfing" I snapped, "Ou chill out Lev" Kelce laughed, grabbing my shoulder.

Rafe stared at me giving me a look, I noticed from the corner of my eye. I didn't bother to meet his gaze. I stood up and walked towards Delaney.

-

Our night was cut short as Hurricane Agatha hit kildare. I laid in bed that night, I couldn't shake off how defensive I got with Rafe or how easy it was to spend time with a pogue.

A clap of thunder snapped me out of my thoughts as I turned to the other side of my bed and tried falling asleep.

-

"Holy shit, Agatha really did a number" I spoke as I stepped out into the front yard. Branches, leaves, even pool toys littered the road as far as I could see.

I didn't want to hang out with my friends today so I packed a bag and threw on a bathing suit. I drove to the wreck in hopes I'd find JJ.

-

I smiled as I saw them by the dock in a boat. A girl was walking out of the wreck and towards them. I made eye contact with JJ and his head perked up. He said something to his friends and then got up onto the dock, walking towards me.

"Hey" he smiled, making my face light up in return. "You wanna join us, storm pushed a lotta good stuff out into the marshes" I looked behind him, but nodded my head.

-

"This is Lev" JJ helped me into the boat, I gave a small hi as the three friends introduced themselves.

Surprisingly enough, I got along with his friends rather quick. They didn't see me as one of the kooks, I didn't act that way towards them, I never could.

-

"Lettme show you a party trick" JJ spoke, going to stand on the edge of the boat. "It's never worked" John B lent down whispering to me, I smiled and looked back over to JJ.

"You're getting it in my hair! JJ" Kiara scolded him, "Ok okay stop J" I laughed, until we hit something in the water sending all of us flying forward. Kiara and I bonked heads as we hit the floor of the boat.

"Everyone good? JJ?" John B said, "I think my heels touched the back of my head" JJ groaned, spitting water as he rose to the surface of the water.

"What happened Pope?" I rubbed my head, sitting back down. "The channel changed, it was Agatha" he put his arms up on surrender.

-

"Hey, I think there's a boat down there" Pope spoke after bickering between John B and Kiara ended, "what? no way" all of us leaned over the edge to see the grady white submerged in the marsh.

a/n:

I'm trying to incorporate the treasure hunt, I've noticed people are more interested in reading about that than original script.
[ v,c,s,f ]