Jump

Chapter 14

I have never used a cent from the rent money, I didn't take that money because it wasn't mine in the first place. When Katherine didn't change her will because maybe she couldn't really get herself to accept that her grandson passed away. Yet right now, I needed money and spending that money made sense.

Nolu"It's just Europe tour Talitha, if I don't go then it's fine. I know our home situation"

Me"We don't have a home situation, and I am the parent here"

Nolu"You cannot take more clients just for me to go!"

Me"Again, my body my rules!"

Nolu"You know I am okay with being the poor kid at school "

Me"You pay the same amount of fees Nothando! You wear expensive clothes, you carry an Adidas school bag. I try Nothando and you always making me feel like I am not doing anything right"

She looked at me and shrugged, I actually wanted her to apologize and say she knows and appreciates all that I do but ke.

Me"I'll deposit the money and give you the slip"

"We can go sort out the passport and all that other crap next week"

Nolu"Thank you"

Me"Okay"

The following day Duma called me inviting me to their house.

Me"Why? "

Duma"I am not hitting on you Talitha "

Me"Funa nto?"

Duma"Should I just come to you?"

Me"That would be nice"

"Will SMS the address"

I don't know why but I changed what I was wearing to something more casual. Didn't want him to think I am dressed up for him.  I wore flip flops and a maxi dress, when he got to the house he made small talk with Gloria then walked towards me.

"Iza"

I said leading him to my room.

Duma"Unjani?"

Me"Good and wena?"

Duma"Naledi  is pregnant "

Me"How is that my business?"

Duma"She wants me to get to know Nothando"

Me"No"

"Duma you don't want Nothando and that's okay, she has accepted that her father doesn't want her. I don't think it's fair that you waltz back in here and demanding to be a father"

Duma"She is my daughter "

Me"Yes but you don't want to be part of her life, you've made that clear so many times"

"I can't let you break Nothando's heart, I told you that day she will come to you xa eready. Right now I cannot risk it"

I stood up and opened the door for him.

Duma"You are okay with me taking her to an expensive school"

I closed my eyes then opened them

Me"I know you don't mean that, so I will let it slide"

"You need to learn to apologize, practice what you will say to her. Try your best to win her over but not now, not when she carries the burden of my profession on her shoulder, not when she is at a school with children that make her feel like she doesn't belong and not when Jade is not in town. Because when you come back, she will meet the first man that ever disappointed her and made her feel worthless. Not now Duma, I am asking you to stay away for now"