Chapter 1: Into the Novel

"Wake up! Come on, Soo. Wake up!"

Jisoo moved to the other side of them with her eyes still close as she felt someone shaking her under the blanket. And all suddenly, memories that wasn't hers flooded inside her head that made her bolt up from her bed.

"Finally! Come on, breakfast's ready."

Jisoo's eyes found a very good-looking man standing by her bed. A memory came into her that told her about him being her older brother.

"Jin-oppa." Jisoo's voice came out hoarse as she just woke up.

"Yes? What is it, Soo?" The handsome man asked, confirming Jisoo's memory of being her brother. "You should start getting ready for school. After all, it's your first day at middle school." Jin said and left the room but not after giving his sister a kiss on her forehead.

"What's going on? I— I remember the elevator falling with me inside it. Then—" Jisoo's eyes widen in realization and immediately headed for the nearest mirror. "What the— who's this girl?" Jisoo found herself stifling her scream as her reflection was that of a young beautiful girl. "So then, it means that I died and reincarnated?"

After gathering herself together, she started to get ready for school. She couldn't believe that she reincarnated into a 13-year old middle schooler. Jisoo finally came into the kitchen and found her brother already eating his breakfast.

"Good morning, dear." Their parents greeted.

"Come and eat your breakfast. You'll be late if you don't hurry." Her mother stated and gave Jisoo a glass of milk. "Jin, make sure to bring Jisoo to her school before you go to yours, okay?"

"Of course, mom." Jin answered, giving Jisoo his reassuring smile.

Jisoo just smiled back and started to eat. Jisoo's memory told her that her brother has just started his college at Seoul University and he was taking up Electrical Engineering. Jin's school was just a bicycle ride from their apartment complex and Jisoo's school was the nearest middle school from Seoul University. Jin would usually give Jisoo a ride on his bicycle.

"Are you still worried about school?" Jin's voice broke Jisoo's thoughts.

"Huh?" Jisoo looked up towards the back of her brother who was driving the bicycle.

"You look so out of it since this morning." Jin noted, making Jisoo nervous.

All Jisoo knew was that the memories that belonged to the original Jisoo was not complete. Memories of the past happenings to her was missing. All Jisoo could remember was the important things only.

"Are you still wary about the people around you?" Jin asked again. "Don't worry about it too much. I'm sure you'll find a true friend this time. Just be yourself."

Jisoo didn't exactly know what her brother was talking about but she was glad that her brother seemed to be caring of her, unlike her siblings on her past life.

"I'll be okay, oppa." Jisoo assured.

Jisoo was now standing by the school gates all alone after her brother dropped her off. Jisoo didn't know why almost all the students were looking at her. They all seemed to know her and they looked like they have seen a celebrity. Jisoo decided to ignore them and headed for the bulletin board to see what class she belongs to.

"Wait, Isn't that Kim Jisoo?"

"Yeah. Wow! So pretty!"

"I heard she's top of the whole class! She scored the highest in the entrance exam!"

"Really? She's just perfect, isn't she?"

Jisoo could definitely hear them and she couldn't help but get embarrassed. She couldn't believe that she's that smart in the first place. Sure, she admit that she was indeed prettier compared to some average looking girls but somehow, it only makes harder for her current situation.