Part-8

In the evening , after taking rest for sometime Shivaay came in the hospital.

Annika and Pinky were present in the room. Mallika was having her dinner whereas baby was sleeping besides her.

Pinky: Shivaay,you came so early. She smiled.

Shiv: Mom told me that it's you and Annika who have been living here since delivery. You guys may go tonight. It was our duty to be with her. I will remain here till she don't get discharge , he said sitting on the couch.

Annika who was sitting on the same couch engrossed in her book, scooted away from him. Shivaay glanced at her once then took out his phone from his pocket.

Pinky : Mallika is our daugther. It doesn't matter who stayed here or not.

Shiv: She is our responsibility now, he looked at her.

Pinky twisted her mouth. What about past eleven months? She could only speak in her heart.

After sometime, Pinky and Annika left with Khanna whereas Shivaay remained there whole night.

Next day, after getting discharge Mallika was taken back to Oberoi Mansion on behalf of Shivaay.

*

Shivaay's room,

Mallika was sitting on the bed,leaning back to crown. Shivaay was sitting on the other side of bed taking the baby in his arms since he was crying.

M: You should hadn't brought me here , she said opening her eyes.

Shiv: Really? If you haven't any problem staying there then you may go. I thought you would mourn again that I m living here in Oberoi Mansion leaving your there in your maternal house, he said in sarcastic.

M: I didn't mean that ,Shivaay,she looked at him hurt. He shook his head.

Shiv: What does you mean then? He asked calmly.

M: You will again leave in two to three days. I just don't want baby to get more attach to you, she said meekly.

Shivaay looked at her and then at baby whom he was patting to make him sleep.

Shiv: wo..You were sleeping. I thought your sleep will get disturb, he made baby lay on bed immediately who started crying losing his warmth.

Mallika looked at him surprised. Do he care for her? After she got pregnant , one thing she was sure of. He don't love her and this marriage was just a responsibility for him. Secondly , he had made it clear to her that he will fulfil each need of the baby but don't expect anything from him beyond that.

Shivaay stood up to go when she asked about his flight.

M: When are you going back? She asked

Shivaay turned to her.

Shiv: I'm not leaving until you don't recover, he told shocking her even more.

She was looking at him lost. He sighed and goes to her. He sat next to her feet.

Shiv: Mallika,

M: Why are you sitting there? Get up from here please, she said and be before she fold her legs he stood up quickly.

He glared at her.

Shiv: Are you mad? I don't have time to take you to hospital again! ! Can't you see your stiches are fresh yet. Be careful next time, he exclaimed enraged.

Mallika nodded gulping back the forming lump of her throat.

M: Don't shout,she said while patting the baby who started crying by his loud tone.