Chapter-1

The breezy night blew your hair in the direction of the moon. You smiled as you stood on the bridge with your lover. "Yoongi, will we ever get married?", you questioned him as you peered over to look at him. He was already looking at you and smiling, when he said, "If you'll take me my love, all I'd ever want is to marry you." At his words, you smiled and looked up at the moon again, it reminded you of the day when you had first met him.

You could still remember the first day you had met him like the back of your hand. The galloping horses rushing to capture the running boy and you hiding from Ms. Yoon, playing games. You had seen the boy running toward you in such a hurry he did not notice you standing right in front of him, until he had crashed into you. He finally looked down to see a younger girl fallen in front of him. He gave her his hand to help her up and said, "I-I am sorry, my lady, but I have to go—." "Are you running away from the palace guards?", I had asked him. His eyes went big, "How—", you interrupted him again. "I heard the horses earlier and you seem to be in such a rush that you have forgotten to see your surroundings. I would say you would make the perfect runaway", you had stated proudly. "Miss, yes, I am running away from them. If you please, I shall leave now." He started walking away, until you said, "You won't get far."

He turned to look at you, so you repeated yourself and added, "If anything, I can help you hide. This way, they won't find you and stop their search. Then you can go wherever you'd like." You remembered your proud smile when you had said that. You didn't even know his name back then, you may have even helped a thief, or even worse, a murderer, but the genuine look of worry on his face had told you otherwise. He took your advice and followed you to the back of the infirmary, and behind the supplies. "Now, sit here quietly for some time and leave when you feel everything is safe. Rarely anyone comes here, so you'll be safe. If you need help, you can ask them for work, they need help anyway. I come here every now and then. Before I leave though, mister, I'm y/n and who might you be?" He just kept looking at you as if you were a foreign object. Then finally, he broke his silence, "My name is Yoongi, my lady. I truly thank you for your kindness and help, my lady, but I could've been a real culprit." You gave him a smile, "If you were, you wouldn't have stopped and listened to me. You would've been rushing to get away."

The thought made you happy, enough for you to let out a laugh. Yoongi looked over, "What are you laughing about, y/n?" you replied, "I just remembered the first time we met." You shared a stare with him before looking back at the moon and reminiscing the old days once again.

This time you remembered the day when you first started dating each other. It just so happened one day. You had grown up with him. Yoongi was always at the infirmary, helping around and you would play around till Ms. Yoon got the herbs. You still remember stealing glances at the older boy who looked ever so handsome working around the infirmary with his sleeves rolled up. You remember him looking at you and chuckling to himself as if he knew what you were doing. The day you first started dating each other was when Yoongi had started teaching the young boys. He would read them books and make them learn words to help educate them. You remember sitting on the side and waiting for Yoongi. He would sometimes lose track when someone asked about herbs, he would go on and on about there benefits and you would just laugh and remind him that he was supposed teach the boys how to read, not the benefits of all the herbs in Joseon. That day, when he was walking you home with Ms. Yoon trailing behind, he had said, "Y/n, do you like someone?" You had laughed at that, thinking the answer too obvious, "I do have someone I have had my eyes on for some time now." You had told him, his look had turned sullen and you let him think what he was thinking until you had finally reached close to my home and Ms. Yoon was now right next to me. You had started walking again when you turned around and said, "It's you, if you haven't already realised." You remember seeing his eyes glimmer with hope at your words. "Should I believe it to be our first day then?", he had asked as you continued walking. You giggled and nodded, "I would hope so!"

As the both of you reminisced the old days, you lost yourselves in those memories. Memories, that made you who you were today. You could still laugh at these happy memories of your beginning. "You keep smiling to yourself, what are you thinking about, my lady?" Yoongi had asked after much contemplation. "I can't help but think about us. Remember when you finally had asked? I had been waiting for that day for years, yet even that day I had to push you to admit!", you exclaimed. "In my defence, y/n, your signals weren't that easy to read, and to think of our societal difference, I didn't want to lose you completely." His words stung, but you knew what he meant and you knew if you were someone else, this would've been true. Thankfully, you weren't someone else so you shook the feeling of dread away and continued to talk until your time was up.

He looked at the moon and sighed, "I'll take you home now, my lady." You looked at him with sad eyes. "I hate to part ways the most." He chuckled, "My lady, you have to go back home, you can't stay out any longer. Curfew is about to start." You knew he was right so you followed him, as you made our way back to your home. "I'll see you tomorrow", he said. You nodded and wished him a good night.

You couldn't help but feel giddy with excitement. You could finally be married but then it dawned on you, 'How will I ever be able to mention to my parents that I want to marry a non-noble?' You shook the thought away, if it came to the worst possible way, 'I shall use it to unite with my love', with that thought in your head you fell asleep.