Mixed Feelings (Kaycee's Pov)

"Thank you!"

"He always makes me laugh so I laugh at like everything when I'm with him."

"Thank you for choosing me as your dance partner it's such an honor."

"I'm just glad that I got to do World of Dance with Sean."

"I mean I was nervous but at the same time kind of excited to start something new."

"I wish I didn't miss you."

"Sean."

New beginnings are a time for a change. I haven't spoken to him for a while. I wonder how he's doing. I mean I see him in hallways and we have dance class together. I catch him staring at me sometimes but other than that, we lost touch and contact. We bonded during World of Dance and I thought that there was something between us. A connection. Maybe I was wrong because after that we grew distant from each other. He wouldn't talk to me anymore and when I tried talking to him, he would make up excuses to avoid me. I finally got the hint and left him alone.

It angers me because I didn't know why he was doing this and as much as I don't want to admit it, I miss him. I miss his presence, his stupid jokes, his very bad puns, his awesome skills of dancing, and how he would always guide me when we were dancing. The only thing I can do is forget about him and just move on with my life. He left me and I'm not sure I can forgive him for that but I have to do it for myself. To free me and let go.

I was writing this stuff down in my journal when I got a text from Bailey. She asked me to meet her at the library...

A few minutes later we were sitting at our usual table, and finishing up our assignments.

"Ok, this is just nuts." Exclaimed Bailey. "Do you want to go and punch him or should I do it for him because I will gladly do it."

I sighed. "Bailey we've talked about this. It's been months now and it's his choice. If Sean doesn't want to speak to me, there's nothing I can do about it."

"I'm never going to forgive him for leaving you like this hanging with zero explanations. This is so lame." Bailey hissed and threw her hands up in the air which got several people in the library glaring at her. She glared at the back.

"I appreciate it Bailey but it's fine really. At least now I know who's real and who's not." I smiled at her.

Bailey gushed. "Aww, you can be so sweet sometimes. Hey Kaycee?"

"Yeah?"

"Let's find you another guy."

I laughed. "C'mon Bailey it's not like I and Sean dated or anything."

"Well, I'm not going to sit here and let you be sad anymore."

"Who says I'm sad?"

"Look the point is, there is plenty of fish in the sea and you'll find the right person."

Just as Bailey finished her sentence, Sean walked into the library with Sheaden at his side of course. He glanced at us and I tried to look away but it was too late. We already made eye contact. I tensed and a million questions buzzed into my mind. How could he do this to me? He was the first to look away and he walks to another table with Sheaden.

"Tell me if you change your mind about me punching him," Bailey whispered at me.

I just shook my head.

"Hey look there's Ken and Gabe let's call them to our table," said Bailey as she waved at them.

"What's up, guys? Long time no see." They said as they sat down at our table. We chatted for a bit until Gabe said, "hey isn't that Sean? Why does he keep staring at us?"

I looked at their table and Gabe was right. He was staring and he quickly looked away.

"Such a creep," said Ken.

"He's not staring at us, he's staring at Kayc," Bailey raised her eyebrows.

"Guys I'm getting a bit tired, I think I'll go take a nap." I stood up and said bye to them as I walked out of the library back to my dorm.