Chapter 8

Elijah's POV

It was 10:30 pm, when I was closing the library. Although I was young back then, I mostly showed interest in literature, drama, music...
"And women?" Alessia grinned
Yes, but only particular women caught my attention.
I walked to the nearest bus stop, the cold wind blew onto my face, as there was a cold front. I was in town and had to go home.

Ahead of my journey I kept hearing multiple footsteps approaching me. Assuming that it was a late Friday night, most couples had gone out for a date, while most of my peers went out to make more callous and reckless memories. So then I stopped overthinking it. "Hey!" One called out to me, when I turned back to quickly glance I didn't turn back fast enough to see them attack me.

As one hit me hard behind my head ,as I collapsed on the ground, he pulled me back up chocking me with his arm from behind, he pulled out his knife, and stuck it to my back.

While the rest of his clique murmured to mock my whimper and cries to preserve my life.

They shoved their fists onto me, while I cried and pleaded to them, that I did not have what they were asking for, money.

For a while I was left in a puddle of my blood and tears, when I realised that this was the end, I gave up pleading for my life, I simply closed my eyes to have made peace with the end of my life. I flickered my eyes to look at my murderers.

Then came an unexpected yet heroic addition. All I felt was gratitude, when I saw those men were desiccated around me.

There wasn't much that I could do or say back then, all I could do was to thank my hero by looking at her to memorize her face, so could've done something to thank her.

After I saw how stunning and beautiful she was, although those are understatements. I later fell into curiosity of who she was and whether this surreal night was just a dream.

After that night I spent weeks looking for her and when that didn't work, I sketched a picture of what I thought she looked like, although my picture could've never matched up to her beauty. Sadly, I couldn't find her.

I soon gave up, the least I could do was to hope that I would see her again.

Months had gone by, and I hadn't heard anything about her.

Which is what I would've said if I wasn't here and if I hadn't seen her again.
"How did you get to see her again?" Alessia asked.
Being young lead me to succumb to the heights of my curiosities.
I stumbled across bright red lights decorated in rings of yellow aureate dotted lights, around the blinding alluring red words " l'amour " French for love or passion. Montsh later, even from the moment I stepped inside, I knew that it was her silhouette dancing on another aroused man. Clothed and highlighted in lingerie.

That night was the beginning of this whirlwind. One visit lead to a dozen others, which lead to another thing.

A few nights in that week we went for a walk, she walked me to a bus stop, she then gently pulled my jacket, and pressed her lips against mine.

From there we saw each other more often than usual.

"How did that romantic novel turn into a horrific genre?" Alessia joked

Only Valerie can answer that question.