Chapter 12

We laid there, side by side,facing each other. Laying in the lining of his tranquility, a space in his mind, he called home. On sheets of fresh fragranced grounds, surrounded by lavender waves, in a lavender field. My mind in the head space of another, my body in the stroke and touch of another.

I would think this was not only his safe space, but it meant something to him. "This is one of my best memories, one of my favorite spaces to revisit once in while.

One of the simplest time and places in my memory" Elijah trailed on his reasons for this memory. Flowers springing open, with the sun's warmth felt in this surreal, yet ironically realistic moment.

That was felt in our locked gaze, while oblivious to nature's pleasant sights, nature at its best, natural beauty. "This is the closest thing to home, and the least expected thing closer to Valerie" he lowers his gaze and voice with the edge of his eyes narrowed down at the thought.

I found it odd that Peter's lips in the place of Elijah ,uttered her name. The sound of her name echoing from his voice box, tipping off from the tip of Peter's tongue and lips, made her less malevolent, and exonerated her malevolence from the lining of her name.

As I looked and admired a stranger's frame, in Peter's face. Like a broken seed, yielding life, birthing a new plant. From my sweaty palms and throbbing heart, despite feeling broken.

I was capable of feeling vulnerable in both sensual and romantic ways, I knew this, because of Elijah. Although I did not love him, I was merely infatuated. In a long silent pause, I could hear the leaves swift and dance from left to right from the wind.

Along with the flowers that only lived to bloom in the light of the sun, and dance with the leaves from the wind blown, even if what was alive, they had no thought, thought out for the days after today.

I questioned myself from these aspects, had I become a flower that springs open in light of the reminders of Peter? Had I with every being in my body began to dance like the leaves, blown by the infatuation of Elijah?

Then I knew that if chose to stay and to live, I would only live my life on the bases of compassion, and that was simply not enough for me to choose life. That maybe this was my time, and my time was up, but not in the most ideal way. If there's something that I understand is that, everything is a give and take, including this. That one of us, between Peter and I had to live.

"Elijah" I uttered his name from my lips.
"Yes?" He turned his body, lying besides me, to face me. "I would like to succumb to the heights of my curiosities, like you once did" I knew this was not one of the best opening lines to sensuality, but it would be my first. The first to learn the art of intimacy. He narrowed his eyebrows wondering what I meant. I moved closer, placing his hands on my stomach. To untie the bow of my dress, I proped him up, I sat on his throbbing lap, facing him, kissing the warmth of his passion from his lips to his neck. Steadily, I peeled the thin strings off my shoulders from my dress. As soon as he caught onto my first brushed work, on a canvas portraying the art of intimacy and seduction. We were the artists and figures in our barest form, thrusting and bursting in moans of pleasure. I at least had to do this before putting myself on the line.