Chapter 14

How has your July been going? 💀

Maya

"I'm going to go upstairs and take a shower." Grey murmured when he finished his sandwich. I nodded quietly and Benjamin didn't say anything.

I waited until I heard the echo of the bathroom door closing. Shortly after the shower water started running and I turned to look at Benjamin.

"Ben-"

"You had one job Maya." He hissed and I flinched back surprised by the harshness in his tone.

"Oh so it's my fault?" I shook my head in disbelief slightly baffled.

"Yes!" He nodded dramatically "I told you not to tell him and you said that you wouldn't. You lied." He snapped

"You're upset with me because you went and had sex with Grey after having sex with me?? Is that right Benjamin? Because if so then fuck you!" I yelled feeling the tears burn my eyes and race down my cheeks.

At first I thought that him going and having sex with Grey wasn't so bad. I genuinely thought that it would be okay, but I was lying to myself.

"Maya please don't cry-"

"A-and I'm not crying because of you I'm crying because I want to fucking murder you!" I sobbed not knowing how else to let out my emotions.

"How was I supposed to know that you didn't tell Grey how you felt? You sure didn't have a problem with fucking him did you?" I mumbled angrily and I got down from the kitchen stool.

If I weren't completely naked under his shirt I would've taken it off and threw it at his face.

"I don't know how things work in your world but in my world you don't just take a girl's virginity and then go fuck someone else the same day. You can't just... brush me off like that Benjamin-"

"Maya I'm sorry-"

"No. You aren't sorry." I sniffed and let out a small pathetic chuckle. "You said I'm not a prisoner here right?" I asked and his jaw visibly clenched.

"Right??"

"Yes."

"So as long as I don't go back to my old life I can leave right?" I asked and he simply looked into my eyes.

"Awnser me Benjamin." I snapped and he glared at me.

"Yes you can leave if you'd like." He looked down at the untouched sandwich that Grey had made for him. "You can do... whatever you want Maya." His voice cracked and I stood there in silence.

"Right.." I mumbled quietly "Well when Grey gets out of the shower tell him... tell him that I said goodbye."

Benjamin nodded in silence as he stared down at his hands and I chewed on my bottom lip to avoid crying.

Benjamin

I wanted to physically beat myself up. I wanted to scream, but I didn't. I didn't lose my shit.

I didn't do anything.

That was the problem.

Especially once I realized that I could probably be making one of the biggest mistakes right now. I watched Maya walk away and I didn't do anything to stop her.

I wanted to.

Every bone in my body begged me to chase after her. I wanted to apologize and make her stay, but I knew it didn't work like that. I wasn't going to force her to stay here especially when she didn't have to and I couldn't stop her even if I wanted to.

My body just wouldn't let me. It was like I was permanently glued to my seat on the stool and my lips were stapled shut. I was never good with my emotions or words growing up so this was hard for me. I mean eventually I would be able to form a genuine apology but I didn't have time.

By the time I was ready to apologize and ask for her to stay she'd be long gone.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

"No don't hurt him he's just a child!" My mother cried out as I stumbled back into the corner of the room fearfully.

"Shut up Tabitha he needs to learn how to keep his damn mouth shut!" My father shouted before grabbing my arm harshly.

"Mama he's hurting me!" I cried and she tried to grab me but he hit her in the face and she fell.

I stared wide eyed in fear.

"If I ever hear you talk again I'll hit her. Do you hear me boy? You started a whole mess when you went and told everyone what goes on in my house. This is My house you hear me? Not yours. Mine. You don't go running your mouth to the people in he city! Do you understand Benjamin?!"  He was shaking me violently and I was crying uncontrollably.

All I had said was that he hit mother for not making him dinner and they all started asking me questions about it. I didn't know it would get him in trouble.

I looked over to my mother who was hugging her knees in the corner of the room with a sad expression. She always looked so sad.

I think father makes her sad.

One day I'll make sure he never makes her sad ever again.

"Blue?"

"Blue are you alright?" I blinked about several times when I heard the sound of Grey's voice.

"What?"

"You looked a little out of it and I was checking on you to make sure you were okay." He spoke slowly sounding slightly concerned.

"Oh yeah I'm fine." I lied

"Ahh I don't believe you-"

"Grey please. Not right now... Maya's leaving." I spoke already feeling an empty void in my chest when I said her name. "She's probably packing as we speak."

"What why??" Grey asked and it was only then that I had noticed he was only wrapped in a towel. Most of his body was on full display and I couldn't look away.

"Because I don't know how to control myself." I admitted " It was wrong for me to do what I did with you.. especially after what I did with Maya because it was supposed to be special for her and I don't know. I ruined it."

For a moment Grey just looked at me with an unreadable emotion and I almost asked him what was wrong. Before I could get any words out of my mouth he gave me a quick smile and pat my shoulder as he walked past me.

"I'm going to go talk to Maya."

"Wait Grey."

He didn't stop walking. It only took me a few seconds to realize that I had probably said the wrong thing to him as well.

Fuck.

Laters baby😏