Chapter 1

Gigi's 'It!" Nicky yelled from across the gravel field, tapping Gigi quickly on her forearm.

"Damn it, Nicky!" The day was warm, and the sun beamed brightly, for the first time in a long time. The school had decided to host the spring festival today. My friends and I agreed to play Tag, though I'm not sure we all were aware of each other's speed and stamina abilities. Now, Gigi was indeed one of the fastest ones out of all of us playing Tag, so naturally, she'd be getting rid of her "It" position very soon. Almost too soon. As I came to a stop beside Crystal , fixing my bandana on my head removing two small strands from the rest to lie on my face, out from under it and I took a glance over my shoulder at Gigi, who was recovering from her sprint.

She was bent over blonde hair shifting slightly, her hands where placed on her knees. You could see her head glistened ever so slightly due to the thin coating of sweat lined on her forehead, as she wiped it off flawlessly.  She just so happened to look in my direction and lock eye contact with me, with a small smirk plastered on her face. Oh crap, I thought. She's coming after me. Gigi stood back up straight as she tied the blonde hair up into a tight ponytail situated on the top of her head. Out of nowhere, she dashed right toward us. It's like she'd regained all of her energy in the ten seconds she was leaned over. Crystal darted away from my side to the right. So, I did the only thing | could do: I sprinted left.

In front of me was a wall of teenagers watching the soccer match at the bottom of the hill. I was at a dead end...unless..."Excuse me! Pardon me! l'm trying to get inside the gym!" I squeaked, squeezing past all the teenagers, and I made my way inside, with all the inflatable obstacle courses. Earlier that day, Crystal and I had raced each other twice, and we tied, one to one. Ugh She still owed me that rematch. As for Gigi, well, she destroyed the competition while I destroyed her rib cage I didn't realise When you entered the obstacle course, you have to climb a little inflated hill and fall to the bottom. Unfortunately, I landed on gigi, but she laughed it off anyway saying it was no big deal If I didn't break one of her ribs, I definitely bruised her side which made me feel bad.

I leaned against the wall with the exit to the outside, I did actually wanted to get caught, but I wasn't going down without a fight. Soon enough, I saw Gigi enter the building, violently turning her head left and right, searching for my long curly hair and brightly coloured bandana it was bright enough to be easily spotted and the young girl probably knew that it would be a dead giveaway. As she traveled further in the gym, I crept back to the double doors that led to the field. As she reached the opposite corner of the gym, she noticed me, as I waved and danced around stupidly , teasing her and her abilities to tag me. I watched her shake her head and giggle at my dancing from the other side of the gym, then blasted after me once again, dodging our fellow classmates with every step. I busted out the doors and rushed around the teenage wall to the edge of the field, that created a boundary with a forest. A breeze tickled my hair, lifting the back of the bandana up slightly in the cool air. As I ran out of breath, I slowed to a jog as I made it to the edge of the field.

Though heaved with every breath, I turned around and admired my classmates. Some were dunking the teachers in the dunk tank. Others were cheering on an ongoing soccer game. The rest were just chilling, lounging around in the sun. What a great way to end the school year. "BOoOo!" Gigi yelled behind me, hugging my waist, and lifting me off the ground as it was really quite easy to do as I'm so short. I squealed and laughed as I was spun a couple of times. "Tag Lex." She shouted with a smile on her face. Nicky watched the whole thing, beaming and "fangirling" over this moment. I had told her about my crush on Gigi, so this was a "step forward" in the relationship, I guess?

The bell rung, which meant we had about thirty minutes before the next wave of students had time to enjoy the carnival. "And that's game,"Gigi grinned, as all our friends ran towards us. In my peripheral vision, I saw Jan and Jackie together, as always, but Jan's face was covered with a bright green object, and it wasn't the lime green shades the school had given us.