2

Beginning a new chapter in life was hard. Getting clean and beginning a new chapter was harder. Moving away from Tokyo was supposed to be a fresh start for Iwaizumi and his young child however, the more Iwaizumi listened to Oikawa speak, Oikawa walk, and how Oikawa would constantly wink and flirt with nurses; going to the bar and throwing away his sobriety coin seemed like a truly marvelous idea.

Though the tour around his new work environment was nearing its end, Iwaizumi had taken notes on every single department head Oikawa spoke of. Sure, this Shitty-kawa character was obnoxious. He made Iwaizumi want to run the rooftop and scream his lungs out until he turned blue and collapsed, but credit was due where credit was deserved. The fluffy-haired brunette knew every single person the pair had walked by while Iwaizumi struggled to remember any defining features to place a name to. Unfortunately as soon as he met the next person the previous nurse's name completely slipped his mind leaving him at a loss as Oikawa kept introducing him to so, so many more workers that he would be working alongside with.

His department was relatively small compared to the rest. Apparently it was due to budgeting. There wasn't as big of a need for multiple neurologists around this area because of the much smaller clinic that most patients were being referred to by family physicians. Due to this he only had two nurses working in his department at one time. He didn't get the chance to meet them since they were working with patients but he felt happy with the way his workplace looked. At his old hospital the waiting room was rather ... uninviting to say the least. The chairs where families would wait were older than dirt. The cushion's faux leather peeled back from the flat cushion from the years of wear and tear. The nurses running around always seemed like they would rather be gossiping at the desk instead of tending to their patients and that damn chief of surgery? Yeah she wanted to have relations with patients and employees more than she wanted to do her job. That place was a dull piece of shit compared to this place. All of the chairs had been recently replaced when they began to fall apart or become too uncomfortable for the patients, apparently the nurses here were enthusiastic to do whatever was necessary to keep smiles on a mother's face, and the chief of surgery? Well, Iwaizumi hadn't gotten the chance to meet the highly acclaimed Kuroo Tetsurou himself just yet.

Oikawa had led Iwaizumi past a sliding glass door and lifted his arms up into the air as they stepped out onto a catwalk that stretched over the main lobby and led over to another part of the hospital. Iwaizumi allowed him to smile as he peeked over the edge, his short black bangs hovered just near his forehead as he looked down at the giant christmas tree that nearly reached the height of the catwalk. Storing it during the off-season must be a real pain. 'Sachi would lose her mind if she got to see the tree from this angle!' Iwaizumi thought to himself fondly as he imagined his daughter's lips curling into one of the biggest grins he had ever seen in his life. She always loved looking at all the beautiful christmas trees in parks and at the department stores whenever they went out. Her and Wakumi were so obsessed with the holiday, they made mochi for desert and always put their favorite fruits into them.

Oikawa gently leaned his back into the railing Iwaizumi's upper body hung over. The brunette man smirked at the sight of his colleague staring at the tree with awe like a little kid. "You seem rather entranced by that old thing," Oikawa casted a glance over his shoulder as Iwaizumi peeled his gaze from the white lights below them. "It's been here since i was a small child, if you ask me it should get replaced already."

The man's paler complexion reflected the lights making his skin look almost like porcelain. The more Iwaizumi stared at the handsome young man, the more he resembled one of those antique dolls that older women would have resting on their knick knack shelves. His shoulders were broad and through his sweater Iwaizumi could faintly see the muscles beneath the fabric but even so, Oikawa Tooru seemed so... fragile. If Iwaizumi touched his smooth skin, he was afraid that Oikawa would crack.