xi. one month

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔
ELEVEN — ( ONE MONTH ! )

SYDNEY HAD WOKE UP WITH AN AWFUL FEELING IN HER STOMACH. A mixture of nerves and dread. She had to film a scene with Rudy that morning where the two had to kiss, not properly but their lips would be touching so it was a kiss. Sydney had only just gotten over the fact she had to be friends with her ex so kissing him was another level that she wasn't ready for. And Rudy was feeling the exact same. Neither of them were looking forward to it.

Madison and Madelyn also had to be on set early that day so the girls were all up before 9am to get to set on time. Sydney had walked into the kitchen, after getting dressed, for some coffee and the girls were already in there making breakfast. Sydney said good morning to them both before grabbing herself a coffee, one that was very much needed.

"So, how you feeling about filming that scene today?" Madelyn had asked, leaning against the kitchen counter as she looked at Sydney, who had her back to her.

The words didn't register is Sydney's head so she turned around confused. "Huh? What scene?"

"The scene with Rudy." Oh, that scene. Sydney didn't know how she didn't realise. It wasn't like she hadn't been thinking about it all morning.

"Oh, that one." Sydney nodded. "Uh, yeah, it's fine." She shrugged, playing it off like it wasn't a big deal. They were just kissing, she had to make it seem like it wasn't a big deal because it shouldn't be.

"You feel ready? Not nervous at all." Madelyn then asked. She'd realised from the whole month of being around Sydney that her and Rudy had a weird friendship and she couldn't figure out why. At the beginning, the two didn't speak really at all and everyone realised it but just thought they weren't getting along like everyone else was which was fine. Madelyn and a few others just assumed it was because they sort of already knew each other and it was weird that they had to play the characters they were with that history. But everyone saw the chemistry the two had while filming, it was incredible and didn't make any sense to anyone. And then suddenly the two were acting like everyone else had been, like they were suddenly friends. No one knew the two had gone out to talk. Everyone was confused but no one wanted to say anything in case there was something Rudy or Sydney didn't want to talk about. Madelyn and Madison had both just made guesses that maybe Sydney had feelings for Rudy and it was just awkward for her.

"Of course, I think it'll be fine. And I'm not nervous." Sydney lied, sending Madelyn a fake smile. Sydney then turned around with a mug full of coffee in her hand to face both Madelyn and Madison, who was sitting on a bar stood on the other side of the counter.

"You and Rudy seem to have gotten a lot closer this week. You two have been hanging out a lot more alone." Madison pointed out, thinking if she mentioned it then maybe Sydney would explain what was going on or make sense of the situation for them.

Sydney almost felt a lump form in her throat. She didn't realise that the others had noticed that her and Rudy had suddenly started hanging out alone. "Yeah, I guess we have. Thought it would do us some good if we've got to film all these scenes together." Sydney explained, thinking it was the best explanation to tell her as it was half true.

Madison then hesitated before she spoke again. "I don't know if it was just me that noticed, but you two were a little awkward around each other for the first few weeks." Madison told Sydney.