Cherry trees

- Dekus POV -

I sat in the classroom of 1-A and stared out of the window to look at the beautiful, blooming cherry trees behind the school. Class hadn't started yet and I was alone in the big room. I started to think of my childhoold and how Kachan and I would always run around in a little park when spring came. We would pretend to be heroes and end up laying down and laughing in all those wonderful flowers. We would daydream about our future and fanboy about All Might, our idol. One time Kachan and I made a promise to always be together. We would be heroes together, help citizens together and defeat all kinds of villains together. We would help each other and laugh together. We thought that as long as we were together everything would be fine. But times are changing. It was the day when my mom and me were going to a doctor who would tell me my quirk. Kachan had his quirk already at this time. And it was a great one too. I always admired how brave and strong he was and it was sure that he would make a great hero with such a good quirk. However after the day I went to the doctor he wouldn't speak to me. After a short amount of time he began to insult me and yell at me. In middle school he began bullying me. He and his so called friends would tell me how useless I was and even punch or kick me sometimes. One time Kachan was so angry that he told me to take a swan dive off of the roof and to hope for better luck in my next life. And to be honest I really thought about doing so. Someone might aks why things changed so much between us. The answer is easy. The doctor I went to diagnosed me as qurikless. In this moment all my dreams got disturbed and I could do nothing about it. But not only my dreams got crashed. Kachans too. And it was all my fault. Just because I hadn't developed a quirk we couldn't be heroes together. I let him down and now he hates me with all his heart. It hurts to think that we will never be friends again. Even if the bullying stopped as we came to UA together, he would nervertheless yell at me or just try to ignore me. How I could enter one of the best hero schools and even go into class 1-A without a quirk? Well my idol and the number one hero saved me. Because I tief to rescue my old childhood friend as some slime villain had him and the pro heroes couldn't do anything. Even though he didn't want me to rescue him and I knew it. I did it. I couldn't control my body. I saw the fear in his eyes and just run to him. After that All Might came to me and offered me his quirk One for All. The only quirk that someone could give to another human. Of course I excepted. After that I trained every day really hard and made it into UA. Now I have many friends and learn to control my quirk better, daily. But the only thing I want, the only thing I've ever wanted as I got diagnosed as qurikless is to be friends with Kachan again. To laugh with him and to have the possibility to always come to him no matter what. To fight with him and not against him. Because even though he bullied me and made my life literal hell I never hated him. First I thought it was because I admired him so much. But now I know better. Now I know that the feeling I have around him isn't admiration nor the wish of friendship. It is the feeling of loving someone. Yes. I, Izuku Midorya, love my childhood friend and bully Katsuki Bakugo.

Just as I were about to cry silently I heard the door open and saw a few of my classmates coming inside. I swiped away my tears quickly and smiled at them as bright as I could. Uraraka and Iida came over to me and after a few minutes of happy chit-chating the door opened again and our homeroom teacher, Mr Aizawa stepped inside with his sleeping bag. Everyone went to their seats and sat down. The lesson was nothing interesting. Nor were the others which came after. Just the same boring classes like maths, english, history and japanese. Nothing new. After lunchbreak the hero classes with All Might had started. Our task was to defeat two of our classmates with a partner which our teacher would choose for us. We had ten minutes for the fight in a tall building which was in a big fake city, because we should learn to fight without destroying our surroundings too much. I was partnered with Tsuyu which was okay. She is not one of my closest friends but she was nice and always said her opinion what i really appreciate. We had to fight against Shouji and, of course, Kachan. After two fights were done it was finally our turn. I knew that Kachan wouldn't really talk with Shouji about a strategy or something and instead just run off to fight me. So I told Tsu to only focus on Shouji and after him help me because I knew that she wouldn't have a chance aginst Kachan, nor do I. So I had to weaken him first to maybe defeat him togehter with Asui after.