Sheisty motives

Brielle POV

"What took you two so long?!" Kane shouted, as I ignored him and barged right past him. "Babe, where's the living room?" I asked, my feet were sore from being on them all day and I really wanted to sit down. "Straight ahead." I walked into the living room with Mickel hot on the heels of my Chelsea boots.

I looked around the dingy room, and scrunched my face up. "Are you going to sit your prestige ass down, or just continue to look around?" I kissed my teeth, and slowly sat down on the arm of the love seat still assessing my surroundings. The living room was small, and it was barely furnished. Two black love seats, two wooden chairs, a glass coffee table, and an flat screen tv mounted on the wall were the only things that inhabited the lounge.

I could tell the house belonged to a man, because there wasn't that 'woman's touch'. The smell of weed was very pungent as well. Mickel walked around me, as he took a seat on the black leather love seat, laying his head back, and pinching the bridge of his nose he closed his eyes.

He looked dapper in his all white outfit, and I watched his defined chest rise and fall in his tight white v-neck as he inhaled and exhaled heavily. "Why can I feel your eyes on me?" He asked, smirking, as he opened up his eyes and looked up at me staring back at him.

"Just acknowledging how buff you are, cocky bastard..." He chuckled. "Let's be professional about our arrangement Bre, don't need all that emotions shit messing up our plan." He said seriously. "I can't help the fact that I miss you though..." I expressed softly.
"I mi-" I heard heavy footsteps coming closer, and we both whipped our heads in the direction they were coming from. "Sorry I'm late." Marcus mumbled, and I looked over at Mickel, "What's he doing here?!" I mouthed in anger.

Not giving Mickel a chance to answer, I quickly turned back around, and looked up at Marcus, who was staring at me with his phone in his hand, he stared at me for a long time; before walking over to the love seat opposite me. He literally burned holes through the side of my head as I avoided his intense glare. I breathed a sigh of relief though when Kane and a guy named Dale who was also the owner of the house walked in, and sat down on the wooden chairs.

Mickel reached over for the TV remote, and turned the television off. Focusing his attention on Kane and Dale, he began speaking. "Alright, talk to me." He asked in an authoritative tone as he leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees as he looked up at both his brother and Dale. "What do you wanna know?" Dale asked. "Just how it went." Mickel asked, playing with his car keys. "Well after we attacked her, we just left her there unconscious." Dale said nonchalantly.

"Did she see your faces?" Mickel quickly replied, his voice was laced with irritation and apprehension. The room fell silent, as we all awaited an answer. "Nah we used the ski masks you gave us..." Dale answered, but then Kane cleared his throat.

"Bro...You're gonna kill me, but there's a possibility that she could of saw my face." Kane uttered. "And why is that?" I asked in confusion. I warned Mickel to not get his knucklehead brother involved, but he didn't want to listen... Now our plan was possibly in jeopardy of following through, all because of him.

"Because I took off my mask." My heart dropped, was he stupid?! The whole point of the ski masks were to conceal his identity! I looked over at Mickel, and I could tell he was seething, as he stared at the wooden floor, and rubbed his temples in circular motions.

I reached over to rub his back soothingly, and heard Marcus loudly clear his throat, obviously not comfortable with the little affection I was showing Mickel. Lifting his head up he exhaled heavily. "You took off your mask?!" He asked rhetorically, but we both knew his unintelligent brother was going to answer anyway.