Chapter 5: Confrontation

-----Moon's POV-----

    After finishing my conversation with Amber, I could not help but gag, his thoughts were only of 2 things: mystery and blood. Mystery cause he is harder to read than Devil, which is nearly impossible, and bloody; cause he just told me he murdered some innocent guards doing their job for their queen.

    As I walked out of the entrance/stage area, I could feel him “stare” on my back, him tracking my movements. 

    I know you're watching me Amber, It's kinda creepy.

   Sorry, Moon. I usually just stare forward, because if you haven't noticed, I'm blind.

    I haven’t noticed, sorry, but did you know how deep, dark and gruesome Devil is?

    He was used as a weapon Moon, did you ever stop to think about that?

    Wait what? Since when was he ever used as a weapon? And how did you get him to open up?

    There was a long moment of silence between us.

    When Scarlet was still in power she used him on the battlefield, and as an executioner, he had to kill dragonets at some points, and did you know he hates himself for it. Even now I feel his sorrow.

    No I did not, but he still killed, and no amount of change can stop him from doing that, he is a killer through and through, and who knows, maybe you're his next victim.

    Look, Moon. He tried to stop, but Scarlet made him do it over and over… it broke him. I know what you think of me. But I do feel restraint whenever I kill, but I was trained in the ways of the Assassin. I didn't have a choice. I was BORN into the Assassin's Creed.

    First of all, he could have fought back against Scarlet, and two what is the Assassin’s Creed?

    The Assassin's Creed is the creed that my ancestors followed. The creed consists of three tenants: 

    Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.

    Hide in plain sight, be one with the crowd.

    Never compromise the Brotherhood.

    First of all: Those guards were innocent, second of all it's hard to not stand out when you're an obnoxiously tall skinny MudWing, and third: you just told me about it. Also this conversation is over murderer.

    Listen, first: the reason I told you was because I trusted you. Second of all: those guards weren't innocent. They planned against their queen. Third: he was afraid Peril would get hurt.

    The other monster huh? How could she get hurt in the first place?

   She's not a monster, she was manipulated, they came up with a way to kill her, and trust me, he wishes he could go back and change his decision after she betrayed him for Clay.

    I felt the truthfulness in his thoughts, the sorrow when exposing Devil’s technical innocence. A long, thoughtful silence followed.

    Moon?

    You will tell me everything after class, and bring Devil, I want to hear it from him, and from the dragonets.

    Okay, it's a deal.

-----END CHAPTER-----

    A/N: Another battle won, and another chapter published. What will happen next??? Turn the page to find out.