My Essay Entry for TOPS :))

“My lovely daughter, your goal must not to be better than anyone else, but to be better than you used to be. Just always remember this; keep it unto your mind and put in unto your heart. And I am sure, you will always be an achiever.” These are some lines from my father which wandered me for years.

In my Elementary years, I am a typical kind of student. Going to school to learned, to passed and to have no failing grades. My routine after class is to play with my classmates and friends until my mother had to call me to go home. I do not know why. What I am only sure is I enjoy playing on the street together with my friends. Ask me all about the street games, and I am pretty sure that I can answer you proudly and correctly. But if you asked me about the lesson we had a week ago, I will make a smile on you, not because I know the answer, but to tell you, “I thought we should change our topic. I know more interesting things to talk about.” Because for me, sitting in a corner to read a page of a book or to review my notes is definitely as waste of time, a big waste of time. And this study was a study habit until my last year in Elementary.  On that year, I really made myself clear that I will strive for excellence. I study hard; tentatively listening to my teachers, making time in reviewing my notes, passing projects with the greatest effort I could gave and actively involving myself on the class. I forgot first being noisy, lazy and being an easy go lucky student. And it all bears! I got the ranked 3 on the First Quarter. Because of this, I study even harder. I almost felt that it was really hard and there’s something on my mind that I must give up. But it is a big No! Why not? A big no because I wanted to make my parents more proud with me. I joined the School Lyre band; I became a lyrist. I study harder than before making me ranked 3 again for the 2nd & 3rd Quarter. It was almost on the mid of the last quarter when I had trouble. A trouble with my classmate, a son of an influential and an image of wealth kind of a family. Even both of us had a mistake; all the mistakes were charged to me without any hesitation to ask what’s on my side. I was really disappointed with my adviser. And finally, I graduated with still honors, as a Second honorable mention. I know I deserved more, my classmates know I also deserved more. It was just sad that the very first time I gave all my best, was not a good chance for me. I told it to my father. He gave advices to me and makes me feel comfort. But then again, life goes on, I must move on.

After the vacation, I was not really excited to be a high school student. But the day came. It was my first day and surprisingly, I make several friends in a day. A new environment; new schoolmates and new teachers. Teachers whom I hate to be. But the way I see teachers had changed. I met my First Year Teachers, and they were all god and supportive. I felt kindness and love with my new teachers. They are not all the same. I am not in the first section so I am not required to study harder. I was relaxed studying. And surprisingly, I got the ranked 3 overall in my first year. My second year was about to come. I am now on the cream of the crop. I know that they are not just an anyone, they are chosen one. Also n my Sophomore Years, I started joining organizations and actively participating in school activities. My high school life started to be an exciting and enjoyable. I also belong on the top achievers of our class. Making myself to qualify running as a Third Year Representative of the Supreme Student Government. And successfully, I got the position and the School Year ends which made me ranked 1 among the Second year students. School Year 2011-2012, I am now a junior student and also an officer. I knew this will be another challenging and exciting year for me. Another side of me was about to be molded, I as a student leader. It was an enjoyable year working with the other officers.  Implementing projects and organizing activities for the welfare of my fellow schoolmates as well as the teachers. It was very hard at first; being a student leader and at the same time being an achiever student. You must really extend yourself. Just for an instance, I had to hold a class for a teacher was not around. It was my very first time; I do not know what to do. They are very noisy. I thought for a while before I enter the room. I know myself; I am not the kind of person that will surrender without doing anything. But what should I do? Aha!  I must enter the room making face, pretending to be mad and looked on them angrily. And this is what I did. I went on the center in front, at the teachers’ table. One by one, they noticed my presence. The class officers stated to make their classmates quiet. A minute of silence, and I know I can speak on them. . I let them pray, greeted one another and I introduced myself. I also explain why their teacher was not around. I called the class secretary and let her write their notes. I walked around so everyone will do the same. After they finished writing, I tried to explain it. I already learned that lesson when I am in my Second Year. I let them interact with me and the strange feeling started to leave the room. We had fun answering their activity. And when the bell rang for the recess, I was the one who leaves the room lastly. On that experience, I realized something. In my life, I only want to have different kind of adventures. And then making me realized that the greatest adventure in life can be found in the four-corner of a classroom, or simply being a teacher. It is really a great challenge how a teacher must handle his class and making them learned what they needed. I also realized that teachers should not to be hate just like what I feel. They are to be idolized. On the other hand, I pursue more on my studies. My involvement in school activities continues. I had also attended several seminars which improve me a lot. My third year ends and I also ranked 1 among the third year students. At present, I am now on my last year in High School. I am now the President of the Supreme Student Government. I am balancing myself as a student and as a student leader. For the past two quarters, happily, I had maintained a good study habits.

At last, I realized what my father told me. Just to compete with myself. For all the bad experienced I had, these should be the reasons for me to study even harder. I should not hate those people who make me feel that life is unfair, but rather to thanked them inspiring myself. Achievements will never be happy without failures. Failures which are signed of imperfections and imperfections which makes this life absolutely perfect.