Part 5

Warnings: swearing

Historical Inaccuracies:

I have no idea whether Deacy and/or anyone else of the Queen entourage ever visited or frequented The Speakeasy Club (also known as the Speak) in Oxford Circus, but the place was popular amongst the likes of David Bowie and Jimi Hendrix. The history of the place is incredibly fascinating, though, so let me know if you'd like some resources to learn more about it!!

Word Count: 3k

⁺˚*·༓☾ ☽༓・*˚⁺

Despite the fact that the universe seemed rather intent on having you and Brain repeatedly encounter one another in random places, you didn't see him again until the arranged Thursday.

You found yourself missing talking of stars and actually having someone understand what it was you were saying, and you missed silly banter.

You were not the only one missing a curly-haired astrophysics major, however, because Freddie, John, and Roger embodied being only three-quarters-full without Brian. There was no one to mother them, no one to shout the loudest in the apparently frequent arguments of the Queen family, no one to tease for an absurd attachment to a red guitar.

The week and four days about to pass would seem to you a very vast expanse of time to be without someone, especially when that someone had been a regular presence in your life for the past three days.

But for now, only a week and two days had passed. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday again; it was now Tuesday night once more.

"He's gone for a week and the world stops turning," sighed Roger, tapping a sparkly-shoe adorned foot to the corner of the carpet beneath Deacy and Veronica's dining table.

"A week and two days," you corrected Roger.

"Hm, you're starting to sound rather in love with him, darling," Freddie clucked his tongue at Roger, who scowled.

"Yes, do be quiet, Roger," John put in. "I can hardly think here, and writing songs is difficult enough for me as it is." He scratched at his head with the tip of his pen.

"Yes, if 'Misfire' was any indication," grumbled Roger.

"Roger!" you and Freddie cried in unison. Deacy just looked affronted.

"You know how sensitive he is about his song writing," Freddie berated Roger.

You were sitting next to Deacy, across from the other two, and wrapped him in a hug. You could see that he'd already gotten over Roger's remark, because while it had held a grain of truth concerning Deacy's lack of confidence, it had not held any real malice. You hugged John all the same, and he cuddled you back, pouting in Roger's direction. Deacy was simply precious by nature, so no one could resist babying him just a little. But Roger was in a bad mood. For the time being, it appeared he had taken up Brian's torch.

"We could easily have made room for another song on the album if we hadn't had to have that on there," Roger said.

Freddie immediately cuffed him on the back of the head. "Roger, really, enough!"

"Hey!" Roger batted at Freddie and a small cat fight ensued.

You patted John's soft head of hair. "How are you today?" you asked him, as though Roger and Freddie were not tooth and claw before you.

Deacy smiled. "Quite alright, you know, quite alright. How are you, Y/N, dear?"

You sighed. "Forever tired and worrying about things I shouldn't, but holding up well nonetheless."