Chapter 7: Snow storm

Chapter 7

-

My eye lids struggled to tear themselves open, but before they could even do that, my duvet was torn from my body. I stirred, rolling over before burying my face into my pillow.

“You’re so fucking late Clare!” I heard a frantic Trinity scream, fuck, fuck, fuck! I launched from my bed, throwing my top over my head and wiggling out of my shorts. “Shit, Trin! Can you please put my work skirt in the dryer?” I frantically shewed her from my room so I could get out of my undergarments. I splashed lukewarm water over my face removing the black smudges from the unremoved makeup left behind from yesterday. My fingers hopelessly tapped away impatiently on the white marble vanity as I waited for the straightener to heat. I shoved my hair into a loose fishtail braid and applied concealer to the small blemishes on my face before grabbing a towel and running out to the dryer.

-

Oliver dropped me off, as I neared the doors I contemplated on just telling the truth, I slept in, for three fucking hours too many. But the real truth was I had stayed up until the sun had threatened to spill over the clouds just talking to Harry. For the first time since meeting Harry I really got see him in a different light, still cheeky and crude.

I was struck unpleasantly back into reality when Norah grabbed me and pulled me into the hallway of the sticky kitchen, shoving a dirty apron in my hands. “Because of you I had ten fucking minutes to get my ass in here! While your sorry ass was nowhere to be seen!” She squabbled in my face, her stupid mouth moving but nothing really processing, I didn’t feel bad because on a weekly basis she does the same to me. I rolled my eyes and turned around to face my boss, I took a large gulp before opening my mouth. “I’m so sorr-“

“I don’t want to hear it, get to work.” Her name was angelica, her mum had passed away and in return she passed the shop down to her. She’s 20, fake boobs, fake hair, fake tan, utter fucking bitch.

I pursed my lips together and nodded, “Alright, I’ll um, get on with it then.” I carefully treaded with my words as I strung my apron around my neck.