Chapter 4

The half-full bowl with the fruits stands on the nightstand and Jimin and I lay on the bed again. I lay on my back peacefully and learn a little bit English with a language app.

But Jimin next to me is restless and wriggly. Continuously he stares at the remaining fruits contemptuously.

After he turned like ten times within the last five minutes, I sigh and put my mobile phone away. He is so deep in his own thoughts that he does not notice his acting. He sits up and immediately lays back down again, and again and again. Does he makes sit ups? Before he can raise his torso again, I grab him by his shoulders and push him back down on the bed.

Now he finally looks at me and his view is kind of panicked.

"What is wrong, Jiminie?", I ask him worried, but actually I already know the answer inside of me.

"Jungkook.", he whispers and looks at me pleading.

"Jungkook, this was a very stupid idea.", I hear from him with distressed voice while he nods with his head to the bowl.

"Jimin."

Now it is me who sounds distressed.

I do not know what I should say. I do not know what I can do in a situation like this. It is my fault that he does not feel good, but I cannot watch him starving.

"Come to me."

Carefully I pull him close to me so that there is no space between us anymore. I softly caress his back and hair and I can feel how he calms down.

"It was not even ten days.", he whispers.

I do not know what he means.

"No ten days?", I ask him.

"Why do I break my own rules for you?"

His voice gets even more quiet now.

I take my hands away and pull a little bit back from him so I can look into his eyes.

"What are you doing?", the smaller one says and looks up at me sadly and innocent.

"I just want to g..."

"No, please do not go.", he interrupts me panicked.

The fear in his eyes makes my heart cry. He feels so bad.

Immediately I get closer to him and hug him tightly with my arms.

"Hey, hey. Everything is okay. Going away is the last thing I will do, okay?"

He nods his head.

"You know what, Jimin? You do not have to tell me anything. We just stay here until next morning. I just hold you in my arms, okay? Here you are safe."

"Thank you.", is the last thing I hear from him before he falls asleep.

While he sleeps, I am fully awake. Normally Jimin is not like this. Today must have been a really bad day for him and I cannot stop to think about that this might be my fault.

Although everyone sees that Jimin does not feel good, he still holds up his perfect façade. He is funny and makes special effort during the rehearsals, just lovely.

He rarely behaves like he did a few minutes ago. Actually, only Tae knows this side of him. In a way this thought makes me kind of jealous. I should not think like this. There are more important things in life than my hopeless feelings.

I lay down in a more comfortable position and as soon as I lay on my back again, the little one rests his head on my chest again and lays his arm on my stomach.

My heart beats faster and I sigh.

Park Jimin, what areyou doing with me, hmm?