Chapter Four: Window in the Pods

Even if Meissa slept comfortably, she would always have nightmares. Nightmares about mostly everything. Her past, her mom, her pet, new acquaintances, and the most peculiar of them all, black holes. Weird.

In one of the two proton chambers, a frustrated Saiph started to wear the light spacesuit for a quick spacewalk. Not that quick, actually.

This should be fun, he thought.

As he put his helmet on, Mark suddenly popped up behind him. Saiph flinched.

Mark gave him a look that expresses his thoughts. It's like he has a telepathic expression or something. Everyone knew what he's going to say, even Meissa.

Where do you think you're going?

"I'm going to the Distant Satellite," Saiph said as he entered the airlock, "do you want to?"

Funny. He can even look sarcastic. Nice skill. Mark looks unimpressed.

You had a little conflict with Rigel again, noh?

Saiph ignored Mark's telepathic expression (let's just call it TE), and continued to set the ejection. Saiph took a deep breath as the timer started to count down.

This is simply unnecessary. I'm going to talk to him.

Mark walked away from the airlock. As he took a last stare at Saiph, he "swam" away and swam in the ocean of the universe, the airlock's outer gate slowly closing until the door was shut.

At least he saw a glimpse of the serenity of space.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saiph was struggling to float towards the satellite.

He tried to do the "swimming" tactic, but he always drifted away. The planet in the distance would try to pull him if he did.

Instead, he tried to hang on the Existence, as if it was a mother with a dependent son.

If space was much easier to pass through, I wouldn't take long, he thought.

As he had a grip on a handle near the airlock, he pulled his weight and when he let go, he was shortly given a jumpstart in one of the electron bridges. He clung on the metal "exoskeleton" of the bridge, which led to the hibernation pods.

He started "climbing" to the other edge of the bridge, the hibernation pods, which were close to a solar panel of the Distant Satellite.

With his strength and speed, he finally reached the hibernation pods, or electron #1. That's when he remembered that Rigel was somewhere in there, sleeping soundly, for God knows how long.

To his dismay, there were no handles for him to hold on to. It's 60% dangerous for him to do the swimming act. Who knows what'll happen? He might be dragged by the planet's gravity, and maybe he would get vaporized in its atmosphere.

No, he insisted, I can't give up. I need to know. Mother would want to know. But first...

He let go of the bridge's exoskeleton structure, and started to drift lazily in space.

He used the rocket maneuvers to control his movement. He tried to head for the window in the pods.

Leftleftleftleft-BEHIND-right-northeastfrontfrontfront

His heart was surely beating fast now that it's probably ringing in his ears.

LeftLEFTLEFTLEFTfrontfrontbackwardrightrightforwarddownwardeast-EAST-EAST